Sneak Peak of "His Revenge" Book 2 of The Mafia Series

"Why does this feel so comfortable?" I murmur, pulling myself closer to Damien's chest

"Why does this feel so comfortable?" I murmur, pulling myself closer to Damien's chest. His arms tighten, as I feel his chest softly rising and falling. The warmth of his body immediately fills my senses. I feel as though I'm where I am meant to be, I was home.

"I love you," I whisper as I nuzzle my face into the crook of his neck, breathing in his cologne. As I breathe him in, expecting his usual comforting and mouthwatering scent, but was instead greeted by an entirely new smell. A smell that is unfamiliar and rather repulsive, causing me to wrinkle my nose in disgust. "What is that smell?" I ask, pulling my head up from his chest. Since when did he switch to a new scent? This smell is musky and sour.

"Damien?" I nudge when he doesn't answer me. Scrunching my brows in confusion and worry as I notice his face is rigid, as though he was in pain. I quickly place my hands on each side of his face, trying to make him look at me.

"Damien, what is it? What's wrong?" I panic. He turns his focus to my face and then it's then that I see his eyes are glassy and bloodshot like he's been crying. What's wrong with him? What's happening?

"Why?" He croaks, sending pain to my chest as I feel his grip tighten around my waist. Worry and even more panic creep into my body. Why is he upset?

"Damien, baby? What's wrong." I croak on a small sob. I feel the tears burning my eyes, falling from the brim as they slide effortlessly down my face. He's seriously starting to scare me.

"Why? Why did you leave me?" He whispers. Shaking my head vigorously as I rub my thumbs across his cheek, "I'm here baby, I promised you, remember? That I would never leave without telling you and to always come to you, to trust your judgment. You know why I left before. Damien, I thought we were over this?" I whisper, pulling my hands from his face.

I sit up and immediately feel the air suck right out of my body, as I watch in complete horror as everything disappears into a cloud of black smoke, including Damien, leaving me in complete darkness.

Fear rips through my entire being and I frantically try to scream, but nothing is coming out of my mouth. I start to feel a strong and intense terror, so I quickly begin to move my hands around, searching for anything that helps make sense of what's happening. Slowly, I begin to crawl as I was afraid to walk into the unknown. What the fuck is happening? Where the hell am I? Where's Damien?