~FOURTEEN~

Rayleigh

I'm sure you can imagine how I'm feeling at this very moment. It's six in the morning and I'm still sitting in my father's truck outside of my house. Just an hour ago, I had been at Platinum Pleasures with Damien and Master Justin. Damien kissed my forehead and said he would see me a little later.

I open one eye to look at the time and realize I've been sitting in the truck for twenty minutes now. I don't know how to feel about what happened a few hours ago.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever expected Damien to show up and ask me to submit to him, without his contract, unlike he asked that night at the lake.

I don't know what made him go against his own rules. I don't even know what made me go against my brain's screaming "What the Fuck are you thinking! He will ruin you!" Of course, he'll ruin me, but I can't override my body.

I walk into the house, glad to be home so I can fall asleep. I'm worn out and hoping my brain will be able to function properly once I get some rest. Maybe I'll be able to process what I did with a few hours of sleep.

Relief washes through me as I make my way to my room and realize it's dark and quiet. I'm not ready to answer Cole. I'm sure he's been blowing up my phone all night. I turned it off the moment I walked inside that room. I was pissed at the asshole. Hope he enjoyed the payback.

"Seems someone found his way home," I mumble, rolling my eyes as I open my door. Relief and annoyance flooded me when I got home and spotted his car parked in its usual spot.

Flipping my light on, I immediately scream, placing my hand on my chest. "What the fuck!" I screech, trying to calm my heart thudding hard in my chest. Cole is in my room sitting in my chair, just staring at me.

"That's fucking creepy I hope you know. You better be glad I don't carry a weapon, scaring the shit out of me like that. I could have mistaken you for some creepy intruder."  I sneer, huffing as he continues to stare expressionless at me. Not even saying a word, I begin to feel angry.

"I'm not in the mood for your crazy bullshit Cole," I grumble. He just continues to stare. I scowl and place my hands on my hips.

"If you don't answer me—." I began but Cole holds up his other hand, stopping my very angry threat before I could finish.

He clears his throat, "I know I promised Dad that I would keep an eye on you, protect you from anything bad," he says, and I instantly roll my eyes. Here we go...

"I made myself go above and beyond to try and do right by his request. I'm mentally and physically exhausted." He chuckles sarcastically.

"I don't think he meant to keep me locked away," I say, with annoyance in my voice. "I need to live and make my own choices if I don't choose the right one, then I'll learn from it." I shrug.

I wanted to avoid this conversation when I pulled in. That's why I was so relieved the house was quiet. I need to sleep.

"I only want what's best for you Ray," he says sadly. "I know I come off as harsh and bossy, but honestly, I don't want you to ever get hurt."

"How am I supposed to live life if I don't take the bad with the good?" I ask as I sit down on the edge of my bed.

"I know Ray, I had a little bird tell me as much." His lip twitches in amusement.

"I've known about Damien and you visiting the club for a while," he confessed. My eyes widen and my mouth falls agape.

"I'll admit I wasn't happy. If it weren't for Kaye talking to me, you would have been on a plane to Georgia and Damien," he chuckled darkly. "Well let's just say I would have lost a best friend and gained some battle wounds."