x

the four walked in silence as they worried about their abandoned comrades, none of them tried to break the silence for they do not know what laid ahead their path.

the tunnel was of jungkook's own creation- if one decided to walk by foot to emerald city it would take them days to reach it, that's why he carved this tunnel it will only take them a day and a half to reach emerald city after a quick stop to yellow wood.

chan sighed, he was the eldest in the group now, he walked at the back of the line incase someone had followed them, his grip on his sword never loosened as the responsibilities of being leader and for keeping them safe lied on his shoulders.

jeongin was quiet, his eyes remained hopeful, that koo and minho were okay and that they're on their way towards emerald city as well.

hyunjin walked beside the prince, as he kept his hands on his pockets as he trudged forward.

felix was ahead of the group and still seemed a bit shaken but the aussie managed to remain scarily calm.

"hey," jeongin murmured, hyunjin looked at him and the prince continued to speak, "do you think they're okay?"

hyunjin hesitated to answer, he pursed his lips before he slowly nodded, "i think so, no one actually gets pass minho and jungkook hyung seemed very strong. i think they're alright doll."

jeongin smiled softly as he nodded, somehow he felt a little bit relieved to hear that there is a possibility that everything is okay for their guardians. he also felt something go kdhsjdks when the he heard the nickname hyunjin called him.

"i just hope they are," jeongin replied, "i have this weird feeling in my gut, i hope i'm wrong."

hyunjin pulled him closer as he snaked his arm on jeongin's shoulder, he offered the prince a reassuring squeeze, "don't stress doll, i'm sure we'd cross paths with them soon, let's just pray and hope for the best yeah?"

the royal blushed softly at the action and by the thief's words, hyunjin spoke so calm and collected, he radiated a peaceful energy that jeongin began to like.

"i j-just miss koo," jeongin sighed as they kept walking, "i- chan and i have never been apart from him and it feels foreign when he's not around."

"i'm sorry, but i really depend on koo lots. he's done so much for me and is still doing a lot for me. i'm just really scared of the possibility of losing him."

"no no, it's fine," hyunjin waved him off, "i get you though. the three of us never really separated until now and i know how you feel about getting antsy and stuff. but they wouldn't do this for us if they knew they won't be able to handle it. believe me, there's nothing i want more than to head back there and see if minho hyung needs some help. but knowing him he'd probably spit on my face then claw me for going back."

jeongin giggled, "he's like an asian mom or something."

"correction, he's a demon asian mom. much worse." hyunjin joked as the prince giggled again.

hyunjin smiled to himself as he found it adorable to see jeongin laugh and smile again, how the prince's face would just light up and radiate that uwu energy.

hyunjin found it cute.

"i think we're here." felix announced as he stealthily walked to the end of the tunnel and saw the familiar yellow huts by the distance.

"yellow wood." felix said as he pointed to it.

"alright, let's go find somewhere to sleep so we can head to emerald city tomorrow." chan said as they walked out of the tunnel and headed for the town.

as they neared, the aussie stopped and said, "wait, we're fucking poor. how can we afford a place to sleep?"

felix shrugged, "dunno man," he spied a woman by the outskirts who was walking along, "maybe i can like stab that person and we can enter her house?"

jeongin's eyes widened, "n-no! that's bad! what if she has a family?"

"we knife them too i guess. hakuna matata."

hyunjin frowned, "lemme see if we can do something about it yeah?"

hyunjin approached the woman and sweetly tapped on her shoulder, "excuse me miss?"

the woman stopped and quickly turned around and hit hyunjin in the face with a frying pan.

"jinnie!" jeongin squeaked as he rushed towards the thief, who was on the ground and was holding onto his cheek in agony.

"that hurt lady!" hyunjin whined.

the lady gasped, "oh my god i'm so sorry! i thought you were a nicki minaj stan!"

felix checked his watch and frowned, "lady, it's two in the morning, what barbz in their right mind would be out and about?"

the lady shrugged, "it's fanfiction hun, anything can happen."

"fanfiction?"

the lady waved him off, "anyways, i'm so sorry about that sweetie, but shouldn't you guys be at home or some shit? it's late."

chan laughed nervously, "well, we're uhmm travellers headed for emerald city and we're kinda looking for a place to stay-"

"hmm, well there are no inns here or any of the sort. i guess y'all can spend the night in my home, as a way of saying sorry for hitting pretty boy over there." the lady said as she cocked her head to a pouting hyunjin, who still clutched his cheek in agony.

chan's face lit up and nodded enthusiastically, hearing good news after a long ass time was a welcomed change, "oh wow thank you!"

the lady smiled as she chucked the frying pan into an alleyway before she went over to caress hyunjin's cheek, "i think i have some ice for your cheek at home honey. but in my defense, don't try to come up to strangers at three in the morning from behind. shit's dangerous ya know?"

hyunjin rolled his eyes, "i'll try to remember that ms-"

"hwang. my name is mrs. hwang." mrs. hwang grinned at them.

uhm hi.

😳😳 i'm a shitty author for leaving y'all hanging on for an update 👉👈 'm sorry i just kinda had a dumb moment and my mind went blank with this story but dw uwu i'm back on track and will do my best with updates 💞

also, our kween is here yassss 😍 we'll see how this goes

thanks for reading!!

- ferds