xxxviii

flashback:

"the kingdom of eden is a vast and diverse land filled with three— no, four types of people. yes, four types." jungkook explained to the young prince who was sat down on the carpet in jungkook's cottage.

baby jeongin's eyes sparkled with curiousity as the knight told him about the different people in his land.

"first— the muggles or the people with no powers (HAHA LAME), they're mostly under the rule of queen jasmine in the capital of eden, miroh." jungkook explained as jeongin giggled and added his own commentary.

"the second type are the elites— the ones that are able to harness the mana stored within the earth and use it as a form of magic."

"omg! that's us!" jeongin squealed.

"yes, baby that is you." jungkook smiled at him.

"i aM yOU."

jungkook laughed softly as he grabbed jeongin and placed him on his knee, he booped the younger's nose as he went on, "the third type are the mythologicals— the ones that are known only in stories passed down from generation to generation such as centaurs, elves, sirens, etc."

he paused after that before he continued, "the fourth type are the deadman's society— jonghyun's people per say."

"yes, the meanies who deserve no rights!" jeongin said as his (tiny) hands clenched into (smol) fists.

"i'm curious about the mythologicals though koo," jeongin pouted, "they seem awesome and lit! they remind me of NARNIA when can i meet them?"

"probably in the future bubble, they're usually closed off and don't really mingle with us."

"i hope so." jeongin hummed.

having recalled that, jeongin can't believe that here he was now, about to meet the leaders of the mythologicals.

"hey," hyunjin said softly as he propped his chin on the prince's shoulder as he wrapped his arms around his waist, "you seem starstruck and nervous, what's up?"

"i-it's just that i remembered telling koo about wanting to meet mythologicals when i was a kid and now here they are." jeongin replied as he slowly leaned closer to hyunjin.

hyunjin smiled at the contact as he buried his face on the crook of jeongin's neck.

he really did love moments like this with him, he wished they could stay like this forever but unfortunately they can't.

chan walked up to them, he let out an awkward cough to break them up as he spoke, "baby, jaebum and jimin want to speak to you before the meeting."

jeongin nodded as he felt his cheeks grow hot, "o-okay, i'm coming."

he turned around to face hyunjin, the older gave him a smile as he caressed his cheek, "go, i'll be here."

jeongin melted into his touch before he walked off with chan as the thief watched lovingly.

"well shit, that was cute." jisung said as he approached the older boy.

hyunjin just smiled, "he sure is."

"you guys are such a cute couple." jisung commented, "must be nice."

hyunjin's eyes widened, "o-oh, we're not a couple. we're just friends."

jisung raised an eyebrow, "bitch what? you guys seem legit to me."

"ah," hyunjin said embarrassed, "the thing is i'm madly inlove with him but he doesn't love me."