xxxv

the three boys stood on the outskirts of an entrance to a cavern, chan held onto his sword a little tighter as he took a deep breath,

"okay, this might get a little dangerous 'cause i know this place is like inhabited with golums and other creepy shit so be on the lookout."

jeongin nodded as he gulped, his expression determined and ready to face this challenge head on.

the aussie turned to the other boy with them and he said, "hyunjin, do you know the reason why i asked you to bring a sword?"

"so that we don't die?" hyunjin replied as chan took a moment to think about his answer before he shrugged,

"that too but also like we can't risk you using your powers when you don't know how to control them yet. it's too risky and we could all die."

"aight, don't use my powers and don't die, got it."

"alright, let's do this."

the three trudged forward into the unknown, not knowing what to expect other than rock shaped bastards that might possibly attack them if ever.

they don't even know where to find the sword here, all they know is that it's here and they have to get it for the sake of everyone.

jeongin felt a wave of responsibility wafted through him when they decided to this, he has chosen the path of destiny and he has taken control of the reins of life to do what is asked of him.

to protect his people.

he looked around as he kept on the lookout for possible attacks but so far he had not seen anything but stalagmites and stalactites.

"it's too quiet." jeongin mumbled to himself, already feeling a bit troubled at the fact.

"it is eerie." hyunjin replied as he felt like he was being watched.

chan motioned for them to stop and they did, he closed his eyes as he recalled the times when jungkook and him were training together.

"remember to keep vigilant and your senses has to be on high alert at all times." jungkook told him as they sat down next to a river as chan nodded, he closed his eyes as he concentrated on the sound of the river's currents.

he could feel the water splash onto the rocks, he could hear and it was cool or whatever.

he slashed his sword into the air and when he opened his eyes he saw that he had managed to catch a fish that jungkook threw at him with his blade.

"perfect." jungkook grinned.

chan opened his eyes as he threw a dagger to his left and they heard it hit something, a few seconds later a figure crumbled to the floor dead with said dagger impaled onto his chest.

"right, we're being followed." chan growled, "be careful. we're heading into this situation blind and all we could do is evade and retrieve the sword."

"and stay alive." hyunjin added.

"yes, especially to stay alive."

the three proceeded cautiously as they hid by the shadows as they tried to make themselves invisible from their unwanted visitors.

they hid behind a huge rock when they heard a few voices that spoke to one another,

"i don't see why don't we just burn this place down."

"oh where will be the fun in that seungminnie?"

"i-it's them again." jeongin whispered as chan shushed him as they listened more.