xlvi

idk why but i feel like this story is going downhill fast skksks lets speed it up a bit.

battle cries and metal meeting with one another rang through jeongin's ears as he, jimin, jisung, and taehyung ran swiftly in the woods.

it hadn't been long since jaebum had declared war with the kingdom. and now, the alliance was in the field taking on jonghyun's army.

the prince wanted nothing badly to join them in the field but he knew he had a bigger mission to accomplish.

with jimin's help they've managed to evade the eye of their enemies as they moved swiftly hidden by the trees as they made their way for the castle.

they were on their way to rescue their friends. they knew it was a risk as they were playing into jonghyun's hands— they were marching to their deaths and they knew it but they had no choice.

the blood moon was set in a few hours and they don't have time to sit around and wait for a miracle.

they stopped when they reached the edge of the woods, from there they were able to catch a glimpse of the castle. they were a few meters away from one of the balconies of the castle.

jimin took a deep breath as he motioned for the others to come closer, as they did he extended his arms and they watched in amazement as their bodies slowly faded until they were completely invisible.

"woah, how the fuck do you do this?" taehyung asked in amazement as jimin giggled.

"it's something i picked up along the way, it also comes in handy when jungkook is in the shower."

"that's aweso— wait what?" jeongin frowned as jimin just giggled.

"alright, don't panic and just relax yeah?"

and with that the four boys were lifted up in the air by the wind as they were slowly carried over to the awaiting balcony of the castle.

they landed quietly and the spell wore off. jimin sighed, "alright, the plan is simple. find hyunjin, minho, and jungkook and then we dip."

the other three boys nodded as they all ran inside the castle.

it was eerily quiet as they descended down the stairs. they haven't encountered much as most of jonghyun's soldiers were on the field.

the castle was huge and vast, jeongin doesn't remember much of it as he was still a baby when he was last here.

thankfully, jimin knew where the dungeons were when he got captured.

they reached the dungeons and jeongin blasted the door open. inside he saw minho, jungkook, and—

"mom?" jeongin gasped as jasmine slowly looked up as she let out a soft gasp as her hands immediately went to cover her mouth.

"d-don't worry! i'll get you out!"

and with that jeongin blasted the cell door open and released them from their binds.

jasmine immediately went and grabbed the prince into a tight hug, "my sweet boy, you've grown so fast, how are you?"

"i- i'm fine. but where's hyunjin?" jeongin said as he looked around for a certain raven haired boy.

minho shooked his head, he sighed as he attempted to stand up, "jonghyun has him. t-they're at the tower."

jeongin nodded in determination, "alright."

jimin waved them off, "you guys go, i have to stay here and heal them. sungie, stay with me please?"

jisung nodded and the three boys then ran off.

jisung blinked as he watched jimin work his magic as he released a misty green light from his palms as he dealt with the injuries the three had sustained.

jisung turned to the side and glanced at minho, the demon stared back at him and smirked, "hey beautiful."

taehyung and jeongin ran across a pathway that connected one tower from another.

the prince turned to the side as he let out a gasp as he saw the bloodshed from below.

he saw hundred of bodies litter the fields as their blood painted the grass an angry shade of red.

the sun began to set and he knew he was running out of time and doesn't have time to ponder on which side lost more.

as they were about to near the tower, flames erupted from the sides and from the flames, seungmin appeared with an amused expression on his face.

"awe," seungmin smirked as he stared at the two intruders, "thought you'd go up there and not run into trouble?"

jeongin gritted his teeth, "i don't have time for your bullshit seungmin. let us pass."

seungmin snickered, "as if i'd listen to you."

and with that the fire mage began hurling fireballs at their direction as they tried to dodge but it proved to be difficult.

the pathway was too narrow and they had no choice but to step back to avoid getting blasted.

jeongin's eyes glowed green as he conjured up a green energy ball at the mage.

seungmin managed to block it but he didn't anticipate taehyung's sudden appearance as he was tackled down to the floor as the older's fists rained down at him.

"go jeongin!" taehyung yelled as he struggled to keep seungmin down.

"h-hyung! i can't leave you here behind! t-that's fucking suicide!" jeongin snapped.

"i'll be fine!" taehyung snapped as he pinned seungmin's arms above his head as he turned to face the prince.

"if you don't get hyunjin, then we ALL die."

jeongin took one last look at them before he nodded and rushed off.

"NO!" seungmin growled as his body began to heat up and made taehyung get away from him.

taehyung threw a blade at him as he attempted to follow the prince.

seungmin's eyes glowed red in fury as he glared back at taehyung's direction.

the older boy smirked as he drew out two more blades, "let's play dandy boy."

jeongin ran up the steps as his mind raced with possibilities on what he would see once he reached the top.

'i'm coming jinnie, innie's coming.'

he reached the top and he saw hyunjin laid on the floor. he immediately ran towards him and grabbed hyunjin's head and held him.

he gasped when he saw the cuts and bruises that adorned the thief's face. his skin was cut and traces of blood was evident.

his body wasn't in any good shape either, his clothes were torn, burns and claw marks were seen.

jeongin felt anger rise in his system when he saw the state hyunjin was in. the boy slowly opened his eyes, "i-innie?"

"shh jinjin, it's okay. innie's here." jeongin hushed as he felt his tears prick his eyes.

"i'm gonna get you out okay? we'll be-" he stopped when he heard clapping and he slowly looked up and a growl escaped his lips.

"hello, son."

"father."

-

this shit is ugly omg m sorry its the best i could do so far 👉👈

yall thank u for reading up to here and we down to the last two chapters so pls bare with me

m really iffy with this so again m sorry

anywho thanks for reading!!

- ferds