xxxi

felix has had his fair share of visitors over the past few hours but one of them surprised him when they asked,

"are you okay?"

felix's eyebrow shot up, clearly not expecting the question. usually, they asked "why?" or "how could you?" or just bombard him with questions like what jaebum did or lash out at him as to what hyunjin had done earlier.

"what is it to you?" felix spat, tireness in his tone evident as he stared at the person who's showing him sympathy and concern right now.

"lix," chan said as he crouched down to meet the eyes of the shackled prisoner, he softly touched felix's chin- the assassin stilled upon the contact, "i get that you're the bad guy and all and although that should stop me from doing this i just can't, you're my friend."

felix shrugged him off and gave off a weak laugh, "cut the bullshit chan. you just want something from me, go ahead. beat me, stab me, or even kill me i don't care anymore."

"i just wanted to know what motivated you to do this, did you really want to kill us when you found out that jeongin was the prince?" chan asked.

"i'm an assassin," felix said bluntly, "what did you expect me to do?"

chan flinched at the tone but he continued nonetheless, "but still, you are not the same person as you were before. lee yongbok is dead, you're felix lee, there's a difference."

"felix never existed in the first place channie," felix laughed softly, "he was a cover up. you thought you guys have the upperhand just because you caught me?"

felix leaned closer as his face was now centimeters aways from the older's,

"you thought wrong."

chan got up as he sighed, he wanted to get the person who was there for him when jeongin wasn't, the person that was by his side. see if he could do anything to change his mind,

but no.

"hey channie?" felix called out as chan was about to leave the room.

"yeah?"

"tell changbin that yongbok is disappointed that he didn't tell anyone i was back to play."

chan's eyes widened as he rushed out of the room as felix's laughter echoed through his cell.

"mama! come play with me!" mrs. hwang heard a voice call for her in the distance.

she looked around frantically, she knew who that voice belonged to. she knew who that was.

"sam?" she called out, she looked around and heard a faint giggle and saw the boy run towards a glowing green as he called out,

"come find me mama!"

"mom."

"mom."

"mom!"

mrs. hwang's eyes shot up as she sat up from her sleeping position as she looked around frantically.

"sam? sam?!" mrs. hwang cried as she tried to get up from her bed but yeji grabbed a hold of her mom by the shoulders,

"mom, mom mom!" yeji snapped as she shooked her mom softly, "sam isn't here."

"w-where am i?"

"you're at home mom," yeji said softly as she tried to fight the tears that threatened to escape her eyes from seeing her mom get like this.