xviii

"you didn't tell me." jeongin started as hyunjin hummed in response.

the two decided to keep walking along, their hands linked together as they did so. they didn't speak of the kiss, they just blushed slightly and smiled at each other and continued as if nothing really happened.

"i didn't tell you what?" he asked.

"why were you outside, and how did you find me." jeongin said.

"oh," hyunjin flushed as he scratched the back of his neck, "n-nothing."

jeongin gave him a look and then he saw hyunjin's dagger situated on his waist.

"don't tell me you were gonna steal something again hyung." jeongin pouted disappointedly as hyunjin shrugged,

"maybe i was."

"hey," jeongin said as they stopped again so that he could face hyunjin, "we're in a new place now, somewhere my father's poison had not reached yet. this our new beginning, we can start anew here, you don't have to steal anymore hyung."

hyunjin wanted to snap at him, wanted to tell him to mind his own damn business and quit meddling with his life and just focus on his.

but he couldn't.

especially when he was giving him puppy eyes, pleading, his lips giving the older a encouraging smile and he just seemed so hopeful...

"okay," hyunjin sighed, "i won't."

jeongin clapped excitedly as he decided to hug him, hyunjin, who was surprised by the action didn't have time to react as the younger clung onto him like a cute koala.

hyunjin grinned at him as he slowly hugged back as he placed his chin on the younger's shoulder as he buried his nose onto the prince's neck.

"guess i have to find a job tomorrow then." he mumbled as jeongin giggled.

"if it makes you feel better maybe i'd look for one too so we can work together."

hyunjin hummed, "yeah, i guess i'd like that."

the two broke off the hug shortly as they decided to sit down on one of the benches near a streetlight.

"y'know, it wasn't the only reason why i was out here." he started as jeongin tilted his head to the side, curious.

"ooh do tell!" jeongin chirped as he turned to face his hyung.

"well, don't find this weird or think i'm a werewolf or some shit but i find myself getting drawn to the night sky. like, i just find them really comforting and familiar," hyunjin said as he explained, "like i just really like staring at them you know?"

"they are pretty to look at." jeongin commented as the thief nodded.

"yeah, it feels like they're just so close to home."

"hey, do you wanna know something?"

the prince nodded.

"you're the first person i ever took stargazing with me."

jeongin blushed as he smiled, "i'm glad i could be your first."

hyunjin smiled back as he slowly leaned closer and whispered onto his ear, "if you like celebrating first times with me maybe you and i could share another first."

"what first?" jeongin asked, confused.

"let me be the first person to fuck you right."

if jeongin was blushing at the soft uwu worthy comment from earlier, he was definitely not blushing about it anymore.

"y-yah! you just had to ruin it now do you?" jeongin whined as he hit hyunjin's side softly as the thief laughed.

"i'm sorry doll, i couldn't help myself."

the laughter died down and hyunjin held the boy closer, as he looked around his surroundings.

jeongin sensed something was up, "hyung? what's wrong?" he asked softly.

"quiet doll, i think we aren't alone." hyunjin whispered as his arm was wrapped around jeongin's waist protectively and his other hand was clasping his dagger.

he closed his eyes, as he tried to pick up their movements. tried to feel out his surroundings as he listened to their hushed movements and their locations.

"there's five of them." hyunjin said softly as he slowly got up from his seat and made jeongin do the same.

"wha? hyung i-" jeongin started to panic but hyunjin gave him a look.

"this isn't the place for questions innie, let's just get out of here. i think we're in undisclosed territory."

jeongin nodded in understanding as he walked, he tried to match hyunjin's pace. he looked back but hyunjin grabbed his hand.

"don't make it seem we know we know they're here." hyunjin instructed him as jeongin put his head down in embarrassment.

"too late for that." the two boys were surprised when they saw three men in front of them.

the other one was a giant, the other was lean and sexy.

"oh hey man, haha what's up?" hyunjin laughed nervously as he slowly backed up.

"you're in our territory." the tall one snarked.

"oh really? s-sorry bro we were just leaving." hyunjin said as they turned to the opposite direction but it was also blocked by three people- one muscly one, one with chubby squirrel cheeks, and the one that was shaped like a dorrito.

"this isn't the way out." the muscly one said as hyunjin mumbled a sorry as he held jeongin closer as they backed up until they both realized they were surrounded.

"do we fight?" jeongin asked nervously as hyunjin shooked his head.

"listen," hyunjin said as he raised his hands in the air as he stared at the people in front of them, "we just moved here a-and we were just taking a night stroll, we didn't know that this area was off limits. w-we'd be going now if you let us and we promise we won't come back here."

the five boys stared at eachother, in a quiet discussion amongst themselves.

"well i haven't seen y'alls faces before." the tall one mumbled as he nudged the lean one, "what do you think bammie?"

'bammie' shrugged, "dunno man do i look like i make good decisions?"

"welk you did name yourself bambam of all things-" yugyeom snickered.

"shut up yugyeom." bambam whined.

the two turned to the muscly one, who was like, on his phone messaging someone, when he realized eyes were on him he just scowled and continued texting.

"i think," the dorrito started as his friends turned to him, "we should take them to see jaebum incase, y'know, we could never be too careful."

"who's jaebum?" jeongin whispered as hyunjin shooked his head cause he didn't know either.

"jaebum, my dear cutie, is our leader." dorrito informed them.

hyunjin's eyebrows furrowed together when the short emo boy called jeongin cutie. he snaked his arm around the prince's waist as he spoke,

"after we meet with him that means we can go right?"

emo boy laughed, "it depends on whether he hasn't killed you now let's go."