xlv

jeongin's vision blurred when he stirred, he saw figures that loomed over him, they talked in hush voices as it made it hard to listen on what they had to say.

he shooked his head as he let out a groan, this startled the people there and he tried to sit up.

"innie, baby careful." jimin said softly as he helped the boy into a sitting position.

"w-what happened? where am i?" the prince asked as he looked around, "you're in the camp's infirmary." the older replied with a fond smile.

"you passed out battling blood demons, gotta say luv, that was pretty awesome."

jeongin smiled weakly, "t-thank you, but where's hyunjinnie?"

jimin hesitated before jisung spoke up, "h-he's gone innie, he's missing."

jeongin's eyes widened in fear, "what about channie hyung? where's he?"

"he's missing too."

in a flash, jeongin tried to get up but the boys held him down, preventing him from standing on his feet.

"l-let me go!" jeongin said weakly as he tried to wrestle away from their grip, "i need to find them!"

"don't you see innie? this is EXACTLY what they want! we can't just go and launch an attack without a plan!" jimin tried but jeongin refused to listen to reason.

"i don't care! they need us!"

"and we'll get them!" woojin reassured him as they slowly made him lay back down, "we just need time."

after a while, they managed to put jeongin to rest as he was now napping as the three boys looked at each other with concern,

"i don't understand, why did they take hyunjin and not jeongin?" jisung asked with a small voice, careful from the fact that jeongin might jolt awake again.

"it doesn't make sense." jimin muttered as he pursed his lips, he then turned to jisung and they slowly turned to woojin.

"what the fuck is happening?"

"it's called the blood moon." minho mumbled as hyunjin looked at him confused.

"blood moon?" he asked.

minho nodded as he massaged his temples, "jonghyun doesn't really want jeongin. the boy has no power to unseat him from the throne. he used him to find you."

"i- i don't understand," hyunjin replied as he was finding everything very confusing right now, "why me?"

"'cause you're the moonchild." jungkook sighed, "he needs you to complete the moon dance."

"hyunjin-ah," he looked up when he heard jasmine speak, "have you ever wondered how you got your powers?"

"on the eve of the blood moon, the moon goddess comes down to perform the moon dance." mama hwang explained as the boys listened to her intently.

"the moon dance is a tradition of the goddess wherein she dances and those who are reflected of the moonlight are blessed with her powers." woojin added as mrs. hwang continued,

"when hyunjin was little, he got very sick and was close to the brink of death."

"luckily, it was on the eve of a blood moon when it happened so i set out to look for the goddess so that he would be saved."

mrs. hwang panted as she ran off in the forest, she looked up and saw the full moon as it shone brightly.

she then focused on the baby boy that was in her arms as he cried out from the pain he was experiencing.

"shh, just a little more sam." mrs. hwang hushed, "we'll get there."

and that she did, on top of a lake she saw a graceful woman with long silver hair dressed in a white dress, dancing elegantly as the moonlight rained down on her.

mrs. hwang gulped as she slowly approached the goddess before she crumpled to her knees, "goddess of the moon, i pray and ask for your help to heal my baby."

the goddess had a small smile on her face as she approached the mother and child, she caressed samuel's face before she stepped back as she did a tiny spin as she released rays of moonlight.

sam the giggled as mrs. hwang gasped in disbelief that her son was now alright.

"thank you!" mrs. hwang said as she bowed before they walked off.

they were unaware of the fact that there was a man hidden among the trees who had also been blessed with the power of the moon.

a man with bad intentions in his mind.

"i have no idea what will happen next but knowing jonghyun, he's going to use hyunjin to draw out the power of the moon and use it for himself."

"i don't get why he'd need another person for that when he can just do it himself." jisung remarked as jimin sighed,

"sung, an elite can only absorb a certain amount of mana not all of it. if we draw too much mana then-" jimin bit his bottom lip as he contemplated if he should say it or not.

"we die."

"so you mean to tell me, jonghyun overthrew the monarchy to acquire the resources to hunt me down, use my body as a way to absorb the power of the moon and drain me to fuel his dreams of world domination." hyunjin asked as jasmine nodded.

"exactly."

"i'm not letting that happen." hyunjin said determinedly.

"oh?"

hyunjin's eyes widened in fear as he heard that voice as he saw the person that he dreaded to see the most stand infront of him, the only thing that separated them were the cool metal bars of hyunjin's cell.

jeon jonghyun.

"not let it happen hmm? we'll see about that."

"we have to do something!" mrs. hwang snapped as she slammed her hands on the table as she grabbed everyone's attention.

"samantha, we will, we just need-" jaebum started but stopped when he saw the glare the woman gave him.

"shut the fuck up. this isn't just hyunjin we're talking about. literally the fate of the world hangs in the balance."

"we need careful planning and-"

"we've been planning for years hyung!" jisung butted in, "we met the other kingdoms already and they've pledged their allegiance, we found the prince and the moonchild."

jisung looked at their leader in the eye and said, "we already lost changbin and donghyun, let's not lose more lives."

"let's wait until jeongin is-"

"i'm here."

they all snapped their heads and saw jeongin standing by the doorway as he spoke to them,

"let's go fucking save the world."

hi uwu

we almost at the end luvs!! just a few more chapters left!!

a big big thank u for reading despite my fucked up update schedules 👉👈

i love u for staying!!

- ferds