xli

"well, someone's happy." jisung commented as he saw jeongin walk out of his room with a goofy smile on his face.

jeongin giggled as he walked over to the boy and gave him a hug. jisung was surprised but nonetheless hugged back.

"i guess it's just a really good morning." jeongin beamed at him.

"oh? did something happen that made you go smiley?" jisung asked curiously.

jeongin hid his mouth with his hands as he giggled again.

"it's a secret." the younger said giddily as jisung hummed, "well, friends share secrets!"

"well," jeongin said as he looked around as he played with his fingers as he contemplated about whether or not he was gonna tell jisung, ultimately he decided he would.

"CHAN AND I KISSED!" jeongin blurted out as jisung's eyes widened as he grabbed his bottle of water and hurriedly took a sip before he spat it out.

"BITCH WHAT?"

"w-we kissed." jeongin repeated as the boy infront of him was surprised.

"why?" jisung asked as jeongin shrugged but there was a small smile on his face.

"all i know is that it felt great!" jeongin squeaked.

"what did?"

jeongin stilled as he turned around and saw hyunjin leaning against the counter. the older was wearing a black tanktop and grey sweats, his hair a complete mess.

to say he looked gorgeous was an understatement.

"hey, jeongin? you still there?" hyunjin asked as he waved his hand infront of the maknae's face as he attempted to snap him out of his reverie.

jeongin snapped out of it as he felt heat prick his cheeks as he looked away, "sorry." the boy mumbled.

hyunjin gave him a small smile, "so, mind telling me what y'all were talking about?"

jeongin gave jisung a look, the boy shrugged as he left the two alone— clearly he didn't want to be a part of the conversation.

"o-oh, uhm," jeongin stuttered as he tried to come up with a sentence that won't hurt the boy.

the prince was well aware that the thief had feelings for him because hyunjin said so himself.

so how the fuck was he gonna say that he and his childhood bestfriend shared a kiss last night?

"w-well, channie and i uhmm," jeongin started as he fiddled with his fingers as hyunjin gave him an encouraging look.

the prince sighed, "we kissed."

"we kissed."

hyunjin raised an eyebrow at the statement as he clearly was not expecting this.

'i told you he didn't like you.' his inner demon sneered at him.

"o-oh." hyunjin said as he forced a smile on his face, "that's great, i- i'm happy for you."

hyunjin ruffled the younger's hair lovingly as he placed his hands on the royal's shoulders, "i hope he treats you right doll."

"i-it's not like that." jeongin said, he didn't know why he was explaining himself to him but he felt like he owed it to the boy.

"i don't care, call it what you want." hyunjin said as he detached himself from him as he turned around and was about to walk off when jeongin hugged him from behind.

hyunjin bit his bottom lip as he gently removed the prince's arms from his waist, "not right now your highness, i gotta do some stuff."

"i don't want you to be mad at me." jeongin mumbled as hyunjin sighed.

"i'm not mad."

"you are."

"am not."

"are too."

"doll, believe me i'm not." hyunjin said as he turned around to face him.

"if you're not then you wouldn't have pushed me away." jeongin pointed out.

"i didn't push you away," hyunjin said as he ran his fingers through his hair, "i told you i just have places to be. i literally just came in here for some water."

"i- i swear it was just—" jeongin started to explain himself again but hyunjin stopped him when he raised a finger.

"look," hyunjin sighed out, "you don't have to explain what you do to me or anything. you're free to do what you want as you should be."

"but it made you upset." jeongin mumbled.

hyunjin fought back the urge to roll his eyes as a way of showing politeness as he spoke again, "alright, fine. it did make me a bit upset."

"see? i'm sorry."

"but that doesn't mean that you should be sorry for doing what you want to do doll," hyunjin interjected quickly, "i'm not your boyfriend anyways. it's not like i have any right to say what you can or cannot do."

jeongin bowed his head down as hyunjin continued, "i mean, who wouldn't be upset or jealous when the person they lo-" hyunjin stopped himself before he spoke again, "the person they like kissed someone that wasn't them?"

"i'll be fine, don't worry." hyunjin reassured him as he lifted the boy's chin so that their eyes could meet again, "hyunnie will be fine so don't be sad yeah?"

"o-okay."

hyunjin caressed his cheek a little bit more before he hesitantly placed a soft kiss on the prince's forehead, "i'm happy for you baby. i really am."

jasmine was shoved into a cell by a guard rather harshly, she fell down to the floor as her cellmates— jungkook and minho scurried over to her.

minho glared at the guard, who just laughed at them before walking off.

"i swear to thou shall not be named when we break free i'm slicing everyone's head off." minho said to himself as jungkook gave him a look.

"did you just call god 'thou shall not be named'?"

minho hissed and gave jungkook a disgusted look, "NEVER say that name when you're near me ever again."

the two stopped their bickering as they helped jasmine sit against the wall, the queen winced in pain as everything felt like it was on fire from all the hardships she's been through over the years she's been held captive.

she should be dead by now but no, she was fighting and doing her best to remain strong.

"don't worry your majesty," minho reassured her as he brushed the hair off from her face, "we'll get out of here and we're gonna protect jeongin from them. he's gonna reclaim his birthright."

jasmine shooked her head, "t-that's not what i'm worried about."

jungkook looked confused, "what do you mean? isn't the reason why we're here is so that he won't get to him?"

"it is but he's not the only one that we need to protect."

so like school started yesterday and im 🗿🗿🗿🗿

thankfully we didn't do anything yet so i have time to write uwu

also, random, but like i read y'alls comments and i love how y'all are like coming up with scenarios and theories about what would happen next :3 it makes me feel accomplished in a way and that this story ain't too shitty LMAO

anyways, thanks for reading!!

- ferds