xxxvi

everything felt numb. it happened too fast and yet time seemed to move so slow as the consequences of the events had crashed down on them.

news of what had happened to changbin spread like wildfire, and like the flames it had consumed everything in its path. everyone was sent into despair and crying as they mourned for the loss of a brother.

chan sat himself down in a corner, it had been days since the incident. he stared at his ankle, which was now bandaged up but the events still replayed in his head like a broken record as his thoughts reminded him of how he had failed to save the boy.

he had his fair share of losses of loved ones in wars but this one was different as he blamed himself for his death, he had changbin's blood in his hands- everytime he felt that if he had just kept his mouth shut then changbin would still be here with them right now.

his mind told him he did what was right, to put jeongin first before anybody. his mind reminded him that he had one duty and that is to protect jeongin at all costs but then again, his heart ached for the person that was there for his boy and a person he knew that was innocent.

changbin had no choice, he was a puppet on string. he was left with nothing, the people he knew all his life threw him to the curb without getting a chance to explain himself so he ran to the other form of comfort he had left- regardless if he was a dangerous criminal or not.

"hey," woojin said softly as he crouched down next to him, "are you okay?"

"i don't think i have to tell you anything considering you can just read my mind and be done with it." chan mumbled as woojin laughed softly.

"was tryna be nice baby, chill." he said as he adjusted himself as was now propped more comfortably on the floor.

"h-he'd still be here if i didn't fuck up." chan spoke lowly as he wiped a tear from his face, "i killed him."

"no, felix did. he was the one that stabbed him. even if you did get out of there alive he wouldn't have made it." woojin told him, "it's his time chan. you can't do anything when death comes knocking on your door."

"i could've atleast tried hyung," chan mumbled, "i- he was a good person. he didn't deserve to die."

"well," mark interrupted, "he got what he deserved though."

"what the fuck did you just say?" jisung snapped as he glared at the older boy.

"he's a traitor," mark replied as he met eyes with the quiet boy, "he knew what was coming for him."

jisung clenched his fist in anger, "he was our friend hyung, didn't that mean anything to you?"

"exactly, he was a friend until he showed his true colors. why are you even defending him huh?" mark asked.

"he saved the prince!" jisung spat at him, "if he was a bad guy he would've let them DIE!"

"well-"

"okay, i've had it with this!" jeongin snapped as he stood up as he made his way to the bickering duo before he stepped in the middle of them and pushed them away slightly.

all eyes were on them as they watched curiously as to what the royal had to say.

"clearly, we have mixed feelings with all of what has happened." jeongin started as he stared at the two boys.

"he's still a friend to others while some took what he did to heart and both are okay and understandable," jeongin sighed, "having opinions is okay but here's what we are NOT gonna do."

he jabbed both their chests softly with his cute fingers and continued nagging, "we will NOT start a fight with the friends we have left, we won't do this to changbin even if he did do what he did, he still did a huge sacrifice and i think that speaks more than words as to where his allegiance truly lies."

mark scoffed, "no offense your highness but-"

"shut the fuck up." jeongin interrupted him as mark gasped but chose to follow the prince's words.

"we won't let this get to us, the things we are doing now always comes with sacrifices and consequences. we can't let this deter us, he won't like that." he said as he remembered the words that the dark boy told him when he was crying about hyunjin a few weeks ago.

"look, your majesty, the alliance has waited for a long time for the prince to resurface. now, it kinda sucks that an emotional bracefaced pipsqueak like you turned out to be the one that we've been looking for and not me but you're here and now we can finally start a revolution."

"what the FUCK did you call me?" jeongin snapped as he glared at changbin.

the older shrugged, "that's not the point, the point is we shouldn't be wasting time, we should be preparing on when we should strike. we have two concerns as of the moment, the dead man's society and the two snakes in emerald city. we have to be prepared."

"we have to keep fighting and end this war once and for all before we lose anymore people."

it was silent for a while before jaebum stood up and approached the boy, he placed his hands on the prince's shoulders as he gave the boy a smile,

"i'm proud of you cutie, you're speaking like a true leader."

he saw the fire in his eyes and he liked that, perhaps jeongin was ready for this after all.

"what do we do now?" jeongin asked him as jaebum laughed softly,

"that's for you to decide your highness, you're the one calling the shots now."

"that's my boy." jeongin heard someone say, he turned around and saw jimin stood by the doorway as he leaned on hyunjin for support.

"hyung! you're okay!" jeongin squealed as he ran towards him for a hug.

jimin laughed as he hugged back as hyunjin stepped back a bit to give them their moment, "hey luv, nice to see you again."

"y'know it's funny," felix said as he stared out into space as he talked to himself, "i thought i wouldn't give a shit if you're gone or not."

"but now, i can't stop thinking about you or what happened. and it's bugging me." he sighed as he stared at the ruins next to him.

he sat by the ruins as he petted the earth softly, he picked up a stray white rose as he fiddled with it in his fingers before he laid the rose on the rocks.

"i'm sorry. for everything." he spoke, "for toying with your feelings, manipulating you, and for this."

he stood up as he wiped a tear from his face, "i promise you this will soon be over."

"jeongin is going to pay."

early update uWu

it's new years eve!! let's all welcome 2020 with open arms and let's own this decade <3

- ferds