xxxiii

you know those kinds of moments when everything is in confusion and chaos and then everything just stops?

that's what happened in the alliance camp when the door bursted open and everyone stopped and stared at the person by the doorway.

his fluffy soft pink hair now messed up and dirty, his body adorned in bruises and cuts, his clothes burnt and ripped.

his cheerful expression turned into a horror story before his body gave out as he crumbled to the ground as people rushed towards him.

jeongin and chan couldn't react as all they did was stop and stare, most especially chan, who was the last person that his hyung talked to before he went off to search for their friends.

but now, jimin was home and it appeared he had a lot to tell them.

mrs. hwang and yeji stood outside a hut that the two knew all too well. they have been here countless of times and it appeared that they've been expected to be here as the door open and donghyun ushered them in.

"it's been a while, mrs. hwang," donghyun commented as he led them to woojin's office, "i expect it's for the same reason too?"

mrs. hwang laughed softly, "just call me mom honey, and look at you trying to be a psychic yourself tryna guess why i'm here. woojinnie must be proud."

donghyun gave her a small smile as he parted the curtains to let them go inside, "he's right here mom."

"thank you sweetie."

donghyun gave yeji a smile and yeji gave him a wink, causing the boy to blush softly as he left.

mrs. hwang sat down in front of a table directly facing woojin. the psychic gave her a small smile,

"hey mom, fancy seeing you here."

"you KNEW i was coming woojin." mrs. hwang pointed out as the boy laughed.

"i have a hunch this is about the dream you had the other night? you're here to ask about sam right?"

"yes," mrs. hwang sighed as she ran her fingers through her silky black hair, "i need to know where he is. i-in my dream he was heading to emerald city. i need to know where is there so i can find him."

woojin nodded before his eyes glowed white as he stretched his hands out to the crystal ball he had on his table, he concentrated for a few seconds before he replied,

"it looks like you don't have to go anywhere ma, it looks like he's coming here."

"there has to be something i can do to help!" jeongin pouted as he sat next to the bed where jimin laid.

the boy was cleaned up, bandaged, and was now sleeping— exhaustion was written on his face and all they had to do was wait for him to wake up so that they could know what he had been through to try and figure out their next move.

chan calmed him down, he reluctantly placed his hand on the back of the prince's back as he rubbed it softly as he tried to ease the tension of the younger.

this had been the first time that jeongin had been close to him in weeks and he wasn't sure if there were any boundaries he might cross so he figured he'd play safe for now.

"well, there is one thing that can help speed up jiminie's recovery." jaebum said as the prince immediately perked up at the thought.

"what is it?!" jeongin asked excitedly as he stood up from his seat and went over to the alliance leader.

jaebum cooed at jeongin's cuteness as he ruffled his hair in the process, "you can go to woojin and ask for an angel's feather, then i can make a potion from that and we can have jiminie all ready to go."

jeongin nodded as he looked at hyunjin and chan, "d-do you guys wanna come along?"

chan nodded almost immediately as he didn't want jeongin to change his mind, hyunjin gave jaebum a look and asked,

"can i?"

jaebum shrugged, "go ahead man."

hyunjin raised an eyebrow, "felix and changbin just fled and shit and now, not to be a bitch or anything you're just gonna let me go with the prince when you guys don't know if i'm a menace or not?"

"if you were one you wouldn't be alive right now." jaebum hummed, "besides, i trust you and woojin's instincts."

"coming?" mrs. hwang asked in confusion as she couldn't believe her ears right now, "how do you know that sam is coming?"

"believe in the power of foresight."

"in foreskin?" yeji frowned.

"no yeji, foresight. i'm a psychic, i always know what's gonna happen." woojin sighed.

"but something tells me that you've already met your boy before."

the hwangs' eyes widened in realization as they stared at one another.

"i can't believe that changbin hyung would do that." jeongin sighed as they trekked towards woojin's home.

"i can't believe i was bestfriends with a snake." hyunjin said in response.

"things are getting ugly with every passing moment." chan added, "innie, i think it's time we do what woojin told us to do."

"and what's that?" jeongin asked in confusion.

"well remember when i went to him and asked about all of this? well he said something about the ruins somewhere. maybe if we go there we can finally end all of this." chan stated.

jeongin nodded, "alright, we'll ask him about that too."

silence followed suite as hyunjin could sense the awkwardness between the two as he let out a weird cough.

"right, imma go here and check out some... trees, i'll be back." hyunjin said as he gave them some privacy.

jeongin didn't want him to go but he felt like he needed this moment with his hyung to clear some shit out.

he knew what he did.

he dropped his bestfriend for so long in a blink of an eye, he knew that he can't run away from this forever or let it slide.

"c-channie hyung?" he said softly as chan looked up at him concerned.

"yeah?"

"i'm sorry." he said softly as he ran to chan's arms and nuzzled his face into the older's chest.

chan shushed him as he ran his fingers through the boy's hair, "shh, it's fine yeah? channie understands."

"but channie keeps getting hurt over my decisions in life."

"this is why channie is here, to protect his baby. i'd rather get hurt than see you hurting."

jeongin pouted, "i can protect channie too."

chan smiled softly, "i know you can baby, now let's forget all of this happened yeah? we have a kingdom to save."

this is dragging out more than i expected it would 😔 forgive your lazy author

also i really wanna finish this fanfic soon because i wanna start on the changlix one so bad 😭 and im also getting unmotivated with this story but i promise to keep going and finish this 😩💪

anyways, thanks for reading!!

- ferds