xlvii

if looks could kill yang jonghyun would be buried six feet underground right now. jeongin glared daggers at the king as his fists clenched into fists, which the older man found amusing more than threatening.

"what did you do to him?" jeongin snarled as he held hyunjin's body close as he stared down the man who took everything away from him.

"is that really the way you want to greet your father after all these years?" jonghyun asked as he didn't seem fazed by the intimidating front the prince had.

"you were NEVER my father. y-you took everything from me!" jeongin screamed at him.

"you took my home, my title, and my mother. b-but i am not letting you take hyunjin away from me." jeongin said determinedly as jonghyun laughed.

"that's life kiddo, not everything is gonna be handed to you by a fairy godmother. just because you're a prince doesn't mean you're gonna get a happy ever after." jonghyun replied as he turned to face the sight of the hundreds of bodies laid on the battlefield. a few cries and clanking of metal were faintly heard from where they were.

"look around you jeongin, do you honestly believe you have what it takes take me down?" jonghyun sneered.

jeongin glanced at hyunjin, who slowly tried to sit up, "i-innie, what are you doing here?"

"shh, everything's fine. i'll make sure of it." jeongin said softly as he helped the boy sit up as he stood up and faced his father.

"don't tell your boyfriend promises you can't keep son, that's unbecoming behavior from a person of your stature."

"who said i've no intention to keep that promise?" jeongin said as his eyes glowed green.

"i am yang jeongin, crowned prince of eden, and i sentence you, yang jonghyun, to die."

jonghyun's eyes turned black as a demonic laugh left his lips, "we'll see about that."

jimin let out a tired sigh as his eyes returned back to its soft brown hue as he slumped on the floor, exhausted from healing the others.

"thank you baby." jungkook said in gratitude as he gave the elite a kiss on the forehead.

"don't thank me just yet, we still have to catch up to jeongin." jimin said as the boy helped him get to his feet as they all made their way to the door but were stopped by a familiar face.

"and where do you think you're going?" jimin growled as they saw felix by the door with a katana in his grasp as he looked at them amused.

jisung, who had been by minho's side fumed in anger and before anybody could react, had tackled the thief to the ground as his fists rained down on the aussie's face.

"YOU MONSTER! HE'S GONE! HE'S FUCKING GONE BECAUSE OF YOU!" jisung screamed as his fist collided with the side of felix's face.

felix did his best to block his attacks but nothing could calm the incensed boy.

felix had managed to shove jisung off before he kicked him square on the face, causing the boy to stumble.

the others were about to attack but felix was able to grab his weapon as he stared the others down.

"felix."

felix's head shot up as he locked eyes with minho, his eyes widened at the sight of the demon, "h-hyung?"

minho managed a small smile as he took a step towards him, "hey, it's just me. calm down yeah?"

felix softly shooked his head as he raised his sword, but minho didn't fail to see how his hands were shaking.