xxx

confused, alone, and scared were the emotions that hyunjin felt when he and jeongin were led back to the alliance's camp.

jeongin was right next to the boy, who was still lost and didn't know what was happening. everything was too fast for him.

the thief had realized two things that day: (1) he was the moonchild (whatever that means), and (2) felix was a snake. he honestly didn't know how to feel with the newfound information.

the young aussie was limp and motionless as chan carried him on his shoulders, still knocked out from the punch hyunjin gave him.

like hyunjin, chan had just learned who or what felix was. but even though he did, he couldn't bring himself to believe that this was true, but he had a promise to uphold and that was to prioritize jeongin and the kingdom before anything else.

he brought the freckled boy to the base, and placed him in a room. he left the boy there, and went to the kitchen. he poured himself a cup of water, and leaned on the counter. he sighed, thinking of how these past days had been the shittiest of his life.

jeongin was in the kitchen, drinking a glass of water as well.

after woojin told them that hyunjin was the moonchild, they decided to head back to the base, to try and figure things out, and to prevent anything bad from happening as well.

as of now, hyunjin was alone in his room, with woojin. jeongin wanted to stay with him, but woojin told him that he needed a moment with the moonchild. he wanted to find a way to calm him down, at least for this night. his powers would be at their maximum, and it could be dangerous for the population of emerald city.

what would happen to him? jeongin was afraid. the quarter did its best to find them two. so now that they did, what were they going to do? kill them?

jeongin shivered at the thought. no, that couldn't happen— that wasn't gonna happen.

he put his glass in the sink, rather violently, and it made him cringe, thinking that he almost broke it. it wasn't intentional, but he was just so frustrated. he needed to know what was happening with hyunjin now.

should he just go spying? but what if someone caught him, the prince, eavesdropping? whatever the situation was, he couldn't let his subjects think that he was untrustful.

jeongin sighed, and shook his head lightly. it wasn't that big of a deal. he was just curious, and wanted to know what would happen to his friend. he should stop thinking too far about everything.

so, decided, he walked firmly toward woojin's room, though his steps faltered, as he got closer. woojin warned them to leave them two alone, cause he had things to discuss with hyunjin. he didn't want to be the one breaking the rules. it wouldn't give the right example, though he had to. he was the future ruler of the kingdom.

'dammit, jeongin, stop overthinking. just stand in front of this door, to know what's happening to hyunjin. that's all, no one's gonna catch you.' he told himself as he took a breath, and stood in front of the door, putting his head against the wooden surface, so their voices would be clearer.

"hyunjin," woojin called firmly, "please, listen to me."

"but hyung! it's not fair, i need to do something!"

"just for tonight, hyunjin. you'll have all your time to do whatever you want tomorrow, but it's too dangerous for you, and for everyone, to go out tonight. your powers are manifesting, while the moon is at its most powerful state. you don't understand, nor control your power, so we don't know what could happen. so please, hyunjin, stay inside your room for tonight."