xxxvii

after the whole subtle passing of the torch by jaebum to jeongin, the alliance had huddled for a meeting as jimin spoke as he recalled the events that he had experienced at the hands of the society.

"so, like i got captured." jimin began his tale as the members listened intently as to what he had to say.

flashback:

jimin was a few meters away from what used to be the place of jungkook's house. the home-y hut was now replaced by burnt debris and destruction.

jimin gritted his teeth in annoyance and anger at what they had done to the place that he had called home.

truth be told, he didn't want to be here. he knew that he had nothing to get or achieve by heading back but something in him urged him to retrace his footsteps to see if they had left anything behind.

he slowly walked towards the ruined home as he tried to feel his surroundings. being gifted with the power of nature, he was able to communicate with the flora and fauna around him.

he was disgusted as to what they told him.

"you will NEVER have jams."

other than that, the trees had also recalled the events that took place.

a battle between a soldier of light and a servant of darkness against the forces of evil.

he, through his powers had seen the way that minho and jungkook slayed soldiers of the king, take down his righthand woman before,

"the king showed up, dismantled jungkook and minho before they all disappeared."

"b-but, they're alive aren't they?" jeongin asked, a part of his wished that jimin doesn't answer for he was scared of what he might get for a reply.

jimin closed his eyes, a soft and tired sigh left his pretty lips as he ran his hands through his pink hair.

"y-yes, they are."

relief washed over them as everyone released the breath they didn't know they held onto. hyunjin and jeongin thanked the gods for keeping their guardians safe.

"but, i'm not sure how much long they could take." jimin added as they all frowned.

"what do you mean?"

having recalled the instructions given to him, jimin had made his way to an abandoned area of miroh. from there, he had entered the castle.

he was here to rescue them, to free them from their suffering.

he made it past the guards as he made his way to the dungeon where jonghyun kept his prisoners.

"i- i saw what they did to the people they have taken hostage, i- it makes me fucking sick." jimin gritted out as he felt hot tears cascade down his cheeks as he angrily wiped them away.

"t-they'd burn your flesh and then pour alcohol over it, t-they'd break your limbs for fun, peel your skin off, it's fucking disgusting."

"i did my best to help them until,"

"i got caught."

"j-jimin-ah," jungkook coughed out weakly as he tried to reach for the boy who was busy attending to his burnt skin.

"shut up kook," jimin snapped as he concentrated on what he was doing.

"y-you're gonna g-get caught." minho added from the distance as he sat down with his back against the wall.

"i wont."

"you will."

"will not."

"will too."

"you know, you should really listen to your friends more."

jimin's eyes widened in fear as he slowly turned around and he saw seungmin, who had a devilish smirk on his face.

the nature mage slowly stood up as he faced him head on, "i'm not afraid of you kim."

seungmin laughed, "oh? but you should. you're in my territory now."

jimin growled before he let out a battle cry as he charged at the boy, seungmin still had his usual smirk as he expertly dodged the attacks and shots that was thrown at him.

jimin's eyes glowed green before he released an energy ball and fired it at the younger.

seungmin sighed before his body disappeared just in time before the attack could hit him.

jimin looked around, he tried to be alert as the fire mage could strike anywhere.

only, seungmin wasn't gonna attack him.

he turned around when he heard a dark laugh and saw seungmin as he crouched right next to jungkook as he held the boy's hair as he pressed a blade right next to the knight's throat.

"you've got two choices park, either you get a front row seat in a chance to see what the inside of a throat looks like or you're gonna be an obedient little bitch and do as i say." seungmin warned him.

"let. my. man. go." jimin growled as his eyes turned green once more as he breathed heavily.

seungmin, however, wasn't phased.

seungmin slowly moved the dagger closer to jungkook's neck as the captive boy tried to yank his head away from the mage's grip.

"uh uh, is that your final choice?" seungmin taunted as he yanked at jungkook's hair harder, making the boy grunt in pain.

jimin met eyes with jungkook's, the knight pleaded with him with his eyes, his lips mouthed for him to run while he could and that he'll be okay.

he knew he should've.

but he didn't.

jimin's eyes slowly returned back to normal as he lowered his defenses.

that was the last thing he remembered before everything became a blur.

"i- i managed to get outta there when minho used the last of his strength to open a portal, unfortunately it could only transport one person. we had the usual 'you go' argument before someone caught wind of what we were trying to do."

"k-koo pushed me to the portal and the next thing i knew i woke up on the outskirts of yellow wood and i limped all the way here."

once jimin was done with his tale he sighed, "all we know is that they're still settled in the castle of miroh. but it'll be asking for a deathwish if we charge at them with just us."

"then what do you suggest?" jaebum asked.

"w-we need to stage a coup, and if we're gonna do it, we are gonna need all the help that we could get."

my first chapter for 2020 is out!! omg y'all i really feel accomplished with what i've done so far and like we getting to the good shit and the eventual showdown flsbdisk

i think i also have an ending in mind that will make everybody happy :3, trust the process yeah? im not THAT mean or stingy with happy endings 🙊

anyways whatcha'll think would happen next??

also, idk if i should tell y'all now but like i've finished writing the teaser for the changlix fic i'm gonna post soon!! i still don't know what to title it though, do y'all prefer 'heartstrings' or 'pinky promise'?

anywho, thanks for reading!!

- ferds