xiv

chan felt a whirlwind of emotions right now, everything seemed to be happening so fast and everything seemed not to be going his way. he was so used to having control over situations but now he felt ad if he had no control of anything at all.

jungkook could possibly be dead right now, jimin has basically launched his own suicide mission, he has to take care of eden's lost prince and two thieves, and now he was in front of a simple cottage with a dark green roof.

he had a lot on his plate and he could feel the pressure get to him but he has no choice.

'you're the leader here channie, you're grown up now and you can make grown up decisions just fine' jimin's voice reminded him.

he was right, he was the leader now. it fell onto his shoulders the duties he must carry out in order to ensure that jeongin doesn't waddle to his untimely and unwanted death.

chan took a deep breath to calm himself as he knocked on the door, a few seconds later a tall and handsome man with black hair.

"can i help you?" he asked as chan nodded,

"yes, my hyung, park jimin gave me this address and i was hoping i could speak to mr. kim woojin?"

the man looked at him for a second before stepping aside to let him in, "he's in his study. i'll take you there, i'm kim donghyun by the way."

"chan. bang chan."

donghyun frowned, "i rather not bang chan right now since its highly inappropriate cause we just met but why don't you swing by some other time and i'll reconsider?"

chan blushed, "i- no! i meant my last name is bang!"

"so you don't wanna smash?" donghyun teased as chan shooked his head furiously,

"n-no! i mean yes! i mean- MFBSKD!"

donghyun laughed as he ushered chan into a room, "just go already."

chan huffed as he recomposed himself from that encounter as he slowly approached the other handsome man seated in front of a desk.

chan felt time stop as he stared at the man, he had black hair and he reminded chan of a person that got mangled by a grizzly in the woods. waiting behind him was another boy but chan didn't pay him heed.

he cleared his throat as he straightened his posture, "i am christopher chan bang and i would like to speak to mr. kim woojin."

the boy behind woojin gave him a look.

...

...

...

"dude, why do you sound so formal? it's not like woojin hyung is the king of england or some shit."

chan pouted.

woojin laughed as he dismissed the him, "let the boy speak however he wants. daewhi, you can go now."

the boy left as chan bowed to woojin.

woojin found him cute.

"sit down chan, i'm assuming you're here because jimin said so?"

"y-yes sir."

"call me woojin-hyung, sir makes me feel old."

"okay hyung."

"alright, so what's on your mind? oh wait don't tell me, you're here because you feel lost, that everything suddenly became your burden and responsibility now that two of your hyungs have ran off and now you have to lead your group and you need to know what's the next course of action you should take."

chan looked at him, surprised as woojin gave him a smug smile.

"how did you?" chan asked as woojin laughed.

"i'm a psychic chan, i know everything."

chan's mouth formed an 'o' shape as woojin continued,

"i can sense things and read people's minds. your aura seemed troubled and confused so i did a bit of reading, hope you don't mind."

"no, not at all. but please hyung, i just need to know what i should do next."

"well, i can tell you that the road that you're taking is very dangerous, it's not really the kind of road to be taken but since you are travelling with the prince you are left with no other choice."

"west of emerald city there are ruins there, be careful though cause there are like mythologicals that live there. hidden in the ruins is the sword of light, if y'all want any chance in hell to survive the fight you would need that."

"b-but we're not going to fight." chan frowned.

"boy, you will. you won't spend the rest of your life running around the globe. he is the prince. you can't deny the boy of his birthright."

"i am not risking jeongin's life so that he could play princess." chan snapped, "i am doing what's best for him."

"are you?" woojin asked as he raised an eyebrow, "look, i don't mean to upset or intrude in your decisions but you cannot deny this kingdom of a proper ruler. we can't spend the rest of our lives walking on eggshells just because you won't let the boy do what he is destined to do. he can manage himself just fine. it's not like he's going at it alone."

"i am not leading my group to a suicide mission. look, hyung, i just need to know if we're safe here in emerald city and if there is anything i have to look out for."

woojin sighed as he let out a "fine." before he closed his eyes as he concentrated.

after a while he opened his eyes, unlike before, they were wide and full of emotion that wasn't there before.

"i'd be careful with the people you're with. one is nothing but trouble and the other one? i'm not too sure. he's quite difficult to read but i can sense his aura from you and its something i've never felt before i'm sorry."

chan stared at him, "what do you mean trouble?"

"it's hard to explain but i'd be careful with them. they're quite... different."

"can you atleast tell me which is which?"

"i'm trying but i really can't. it's as if there's something blocking me from looking deeper. you have to be careful christopher, one wrong move and you'd find yourself in a situation you've been trying to avoid."

i wanted to update so here you go uwu

woojin said some stuff in this chapter, what could he possibly mean? hmmmm 👀

also omg we're almost to 1k reads :(( thank you for putting up with this book even if my updates are irregular 👉👈

also- ik thIs isnt the time to discuss my next book but i wanna know

changlix or jenlisa?

thanks for reading!!

- ferds