xliv

man, i really said FUCK updates huh? 😔

all his life he had been running. running from his past life and the responsibilities that came with it. but now he was literally running away from avoiding death from the snarling blood demons that were currently giving chase.

he looked back and saw the two predators give him chase, he let out a tiny squeak as he ran faster as he tried his best to escape them.

'think jeongin, what would koo do?' jeongin thought as he hid behind a huge boulder.

"there are some things you can't prepare for love." jungkook explained as he was standing a few meters away from jeongin.

the two were having a training session. with jungkook teaching jeongin a few things about life.

before jeongin could say anything, jungkook was already infront of him as the older boy shoved him to the ground.

"hey," jeongin pouted as he crossed his arms, "that's cheating!"

jungkook grinned, "it's not, you were just spacing out." the boy then helped the prince up.

jeongin then gripped his arm and tossed him to the floor. jungkook's eyes widened in surprise as it was now jeongin extending his hand for him to take.

"okay, now THAT'S cheating." jungkook whined as jeongin laughed at his hyung's expression.

they sparred some more before they suddenly stopped when a giant spider leapt from the bushes as it made it's way for them.

jeongin gasped as he raised his arms up to defend himself. he closed his eyes and waited for attack but it never came.

he slowly opened his eyes and saw jungkook standing in front of him with his blade all bloody and the giant spider's body laid on the forest floor, it's hairy legs twitching from time to time.

"you gotta use the element of surprise otherwise you're gonna die."

jeongin held his breath as he took a peak and saw the two blood demons lurking around the area.

he bit back a yelp, he knew it was pointless to run as these monsters would follow you everywhere until one of you dies.

they can smell his blood, and that was a problem.

the prince looked around his surroundings as he saw the two creatures were standing near a huge tree.

an idea popped into his mind as his eyes glowed green, one of the branches of the tree suddenly sharpened, the leaves falling down. one of the demons looked up just in time for the branch to fall down and slice it in half.

"yes!" jeongin squealed before he clamped his mouth shut and ran.

the other blood demon heard him and snarled as it gave chase.

jeongin kept running and like in every cliche running scene, he trips and falls face first on the floor.

he hissed when he saw a gash on his arm, he cursed as he felt a stinging sensation when he touched it.

"fuck, now what?" jeongin grumbled as he crawled towards a hiding place.

"what do i do when an opponent is too strong for me to beat?" jeongin asked, curiously and wide-eyed.

"well, you surrender." chan mused as jeongin clicked his tongue at him.

jungkook laughed as he placed jeongin on his lap, the younger had his arms crossed as he laid his chest on his hyung's chest.