Cupcakes

Jimin sat on his bed, Winter Nights starting in thirty minutes and he still hadn't figured out what to wear or how to do his makeup. It wasn't formal so all he really had to throw on was a sweatshirt and some jeans but that felt to basic. Everyone was going to be wearing that.

Jimin decided he'd wear an oversized sweater that was striped pastel pink, blue and purple. He wore a pair of skinny light blue denim jeans and a pair of white sneakers, Air Force 1's to be exact. Those shoes were pretty trendy at that school and he happened to own a pair.

He styled his blond hair cutely, deciding he was definitely dying it pink over winter break. He did his makeup and made his way downstairs, his mother ready to take him. He sat in the car quietly, his mom asking him questions as she drove.

"Is everything okay with Yoongi?" She asked. "I don't want to talk about him right now." Jimin mumbled. She sighed. "Well, your dad and I got in arguments a lot but hey, we solved our issues, lived to get married and had you." She said. "This is different from what happened with you and dad. A lot different." Jimin said.

They arrived at the school, decorated all winter themed from the outside. It looked like something out of a teen's movie but Jimin still thought it looked nice. There were lots of kids just standing outside and chatting with their friends, Jimin sighing.

"I want you to have fun and do what I did. Try solving things with him, okay?" She said. Jimin hummed before getting out. He walked passed groups of people and up the stairs into the school. None of the hall lights were on but there were smaller blue and purple lights that lit up the hall enough to where you could see where you were going but it was still dark.

Jimin could hear music playing from the gym where he assumed the dance was. Jimin didn't go in there but walked around the halls. There were games sets up where you could win a cool prize, lots of people playing them at the moment. Food and dessert was in the cafeteria but Jimin was too nervous to eat anything at the moment.

There was also a raffle for two matching diamond bracelets. A fucking diamond bracelet! Jimin seriously didn't understand what kind of money this school had to be raffling off a whole DIAMOND BRACELETS!

Jimin shook his head as he began walking back towards where the gym was. "Hey Jimin, I didn't think you were coming." Jungkook said as he walked up to him, holding a cup of punch. "Well, I'm here." Jimin said quietly.

"Taehyung won this stuffed animal for me, isn't it cute?" Jungkook held up the pink plush bunny. "Adorable." Jimin smiled a little. "Are you okay? Come on Jimin, cheer up for one night! We're on break after tonight." Jungkook said and nudged Jimin's shoulder. "Also you look cute tonight." Jungkook smiled, Jimin shyly thanking him.

Jimin looked passed Jungkook and spotted Yoongi who was on his phone. He looked up and their gazes met, Jimin blushing. "Um, I'll meet you in the gym later." Jimin said and Jungkook nodded before walking off. Jimin looked in Yoongi's eyes for a second before turning around and walking off. He was way too nervous to talk to him and he didn't know why.

Yoongi jogged over to Jimin and stood in front of him. "You know, I was gonna be pretty sad if you didn't come." Yoongi said and Jimin shrugged, Yoongi smiling at how cute he looked. "I really am sorry. Please believe me when I say that. I never meant to hurt you it's just, I'm really close with my parents and after you left, they threatened to cut me out of their lives and that was gonna hurt me really badly because...their my parents Jimin." Yoongi said sadly, Jimin a bit shocked by that.

"So you chose to just ignore me and not even explain what was happening the next day?" Jimin asked, irritated. Yoongi opened his mouth to say something but closed it. Jimin blushed slightly as he wrapped his arms around Yoongi's neck. "Wow, I'm so sorry Jimin." Yoongi said. "You're so stupid." Jimin breathed out, smiling faintly before he stood on his toes and pressed their lips together.

Yoongi grasped Jimin's sides, kissing back passionately. He didn't think Jimin was going to forgive him this time but he did. Yoongi pulled away, Jimin allowing their lips to linger in each other's for a few seconds before fully pulling away. "Don't ever do that again." Jimin shook his head, Yoongi humming softly.

Jimin let go of Yoongi, Yoongi intertwining their fingers together as they walked around the halls for a while, Jimin not wanting to dance really. They played a few games, Jimin winning a puppy plushy. Yoongi then took Jimin outside, the boy freezing because he didn't wear a coat and it was the middle of December.

"Why didn't you wear a coat?" Yoongi asked. "I didn't think I would be walking outside." Jimin hit his shoulder lightly as Yoongi led the boy to the steps in front of the school. They were the only ones outside, Yoongi taking off his jacket and wrapping it around Jimin.

"Now you're gonna be cold." Jimin said. "I don't care." Yoongi said. He pulled something out his pocket, Jimin's eyes widening when he saw it. "I uh, didn't actually think I'd win these but, here." Yoongi helped Jimin put on the diamond bracelet that he'd won the raffle for.

Yoongi wore the other one and held Jimin's hand. Jimin rested his head on Yoongi's shoulder, looking up at the moon and the stars. "Can I drop you off at home?" Yoongi asked and Jimin nodded. He took Jimin to his car, the two getting in and Yoongi blasting the heat.

"I knew you were cold." Jimin giggled and handed Yoongi his jacket back. After a few minutes of warming up, Yoongi drove Jimin back to his house.

They sat in his driveway, talking for a bit. "Will we get to hang out over break?" Yoongi asked. "I won't be in town, sorry. My mom is taking me back to Busan to visit my old friends and stuff." Jimin said. "That's sweet, I know you must miss them." Yoongi said and Jimin nodded. "Thanks for tonight Yoongi, I'm glad you were able to tell me what was going on. I hope your parents will learn to except our relationship." Jimin said.

Yoongi nodded, Jimin caressing his face. He kissed him briefly before pulling away with a smile. "I'll see you." Jimin waved as he left, Yoongi waving back. He waited until Jimin was in his house before leaving. He loved him so much, but he knew Jimin wasn't ever going to love him back the way he did.

He was also never gonna know Jimin was still suffering inside...until it was too late.