FOREWORD

I've been writing Pokémon fanfiction for a long time. I started back from before Pokémon Black and White were released worldwide, typing away on secondary school computers during my breaktimes. Back then, I didn't care too much about my ability, just that I wanted to put my stories out there, and that meant writing my ideas into those fanfics.

This was on an older Wattpad account – now I'm on this one, I'm no longer in education, and I'm taking my writing a lot more seriously. But I used to have many fanfictions that were poorly written by the standards I have now. Looking at them really shows how far I've come as a writer! I still have them saved on my computer, but boy, I wouldn't dare upload those.

My most successful of those fanfictions was a story I shaped when Pokémon X and Y were the big new games. Probably because I based it around a fictional Kalos and borrowed names and lore and such, it got the most reads, comments, and even won second place in the Pokémon Watty Awards when it was a popularity contest. Some of you may even recognise that fanfic now that I'm talking about it.

Formerly known as 'Pokémon Chronicles VIII: Wrath of the Crystal Queen', this was the fanfic that made me decide not to throw away old ideas. The fic disappeared with my old Wattpad account, but the scenes, characters, and world did not. I promised myself that one day, when I was a better writer (by my own standards) that I would revive the story and make it a million times better than it was. It had a sequel, too, which I also promised myself that I'd fix.

Well, by no surprises, here it is. The totally realised vision of that fanfiction.

The original fanfiction borrowed lore, scenes, and more heavily from Pokémon X and Y, as well as other sources of popular media. The idea here was not to recreate the story, but to fully establish its world and lore as its own original thing, a story unlike anything Pokémon has ever seen. A story that you could call its own Pokémon game.

Because of this new direction and fully realised world, I opted to title the story 'Pokémon Mystery Dungeon' rather than 'Pokémon Chronicles' or any other fancy title. It is in my hope that readers can get that sense of familiarity with the tones of the official mystery dungeon games within my writing, but still consider it my own, original take on it and accept the deviations I establish within it. After all, there's all sorts of feelings in here, some deeply personal, others closer to my experiences with the games!

So there's a little bit of backstory to this story. I truly appreciate any and all interest into this story of mine and hope that you readers enjoy it. It's got heart!

-HaruMiju-

P.S I wonder which characters people will ship?

Final edits and updates as of 2022.