Episode 18: The Cultists of Aseria

"Uh, do we really have to go to Pokétopia?" Esther groaned

"Uh, do we really have to go to Pokétopia?" Esther groaned. The group were at Everend's gondola station.

"Well, yeah. It's an order from the agents." Sophitia shrugged her feelers.

"But that's- uh, y'know, wouldn't it be cooler to just focus on Naivie's quest? Like she said, this is all with the world at stake, after all." Esther raised a fist.

"I'm in agreement," the Carbink squeaked.

"If that Eevee is waiting for us inside or near the temple, then we can't just throw ourselves at it. We know that we can't beat them. So at the very least, we should aim to get more information and maybe train ourselves up a bit. That was our first time fighting together as a whole team, after all," Sophitia reasoned. She frowned, and rubbed her chin with a feeler. "And with this free time, disobeying the agents is pointless. Don't you want to go?"

"Argh. I don't mind but... uh, Fluffy Cheeks, help me out here," Esther groaned and slumped into him.

"You are not officially an agent. You do not have to come with us," the Fennekin said.

"Aww what? C'mon, we should do stuff together now. Plus, didn't you say I'm in your custody or something? Would be pretty bad if you were seen without me." She winked.

"Then come with us." He walked around her; eyes shut.

Esther's face fell flat. "Gee, thanks. I'll remember that."

"Don't you want to go to Pokétopia, Esther?" Infia asked as they walked into the station. "I've never been that far away from Everend before. It's kind of exciting."

"Oh alright, I'll level with ya," Esther grumbled and folded her arms. "I'm a pop star, ya'know? It's sorta impossible to walk around a big place like that. Pokétopia's always overflowing with crowds. Every time I go there, I get followed or whistled out by an asshole pervert or something. It's really uncomfortable."

"That's a good call, actually," Sophitia said, about to scan her ticket into the barrier. "What do you normally do to deal with that?"

"Brayen or Fluffy Cheeks sorts it out for me. I just thought if we were doing Naivie's journey, we wouldn't go anywhere that populated." Esther turned away. "I'm... not ready to deal with the fans yet. That's it! Infia, swap clothes with me."

"Wha-huh?" Infia gasped.

"Yeah! If we swap clothes, they'll never know it's me. C'mon, you get to wear the real costume for a day! That's gotta be a fangirl's dream come true, right?" Esther bounced eagerly..

Infia took one look at Esther from top to bottom and went bright red. "Y-you'll never fit, though."

"Oh what, 'cos I eat more than you?" Esther went half-lidded.

"N-no! I'm smaller. A-and... well... I er, the underwear," she said, going quieter at every word.

"That's the least important part! C'mon, for me? I'll wear it instead if you don't wanna throw it away," Esther said.