Episode 29: Project Dragonlord

"So Silver got stabbed and kidnapped," Marina said

"So Silver got stabbed and kidnapped," Marina said. She began to pace around the lab. It wasn't the habitual pacing of a deep thinker, but the stressed kind of someone on the verge of breaking down. She ended with a loud sigh, and slammed her paw on the table beside her.

The group had managed to call a truce on their situation by telling the agents of Silver's abduction. With King Shield's usual leaders out of commission, leadership duties fell to Marina of all Pokémon. She welcomed Lute's group back to the Pokétopia base and provided them with a table of nourishment, but even with their hunger, her angst had them freeze.

"Er, you okay?" Esther said, slowed her chewing on an apple.

"This whole thing is turning into one unbearable mess. Lassic had us focusing on stopping you and the Spirle attacks, but from what I'm gathering, this is all going well beyond some simple crimes, now," Marina explained, staring at her paw. She clawed at the table, and her added pressure made it shake. "And he's still absent. I don't know what he's playing at, but we need him now more than ever, and he's away on 'business'."

"Well what do you want us to do? You obviously invited us back here to ask for something. I doubt you guys actually wanna let us go free," Sophitia said.

"I trust you, though! Silver was the one chasing you guys, not me," Marina cried. "I don't believe Esther's eyes are an issue now, especially if Spirle know that we know. We've got way bigger things to worry about."

"I hope so. Did they leave a ransom note telling us where to go for Silver?" Sophitia asked.

"They did. And I believe I should send your group to retrieve her. You have the power, and it'd help to mend whatever vendetta she has against you. But I can't help but hold off on this. Something seems massively wrong with the whole thing." Marina turned away.

"It's just bad guys doing bad guy stuff. What could be wrong about everything else?" Esther commented. She went back to stuffing her face.

"Hasn't it struck you guys as odd what Spirle have been doing ever since... well, forever?" Marina pointed out. She began to pace again. "Their actions seem so aimless and sporadic. Even for a team of villains who have had access to government secrets through your eyes, what they're doing with it seems petty compared to what they could be doing. I just can't put my paw on what their plans are at all."

It's true. It's not even obvious why they kidnapped Esther in the first place. They can't have known she'd become a teammate who gets regular access to this place. Then there's the Risen attacks, and now the kidnapping of Silver. I guess there's also kidnapping Gen, too, Lute thought, having a light bulb moment. "One thing's for sure, they're after the Mega Stone. Wait, then Kuri might know what to do."

"Kuri?" Marina said.

"He's going to hate me for telling you this, but Kuri's wife Gen knows where the Mega Stone is. She's the last royal Ancient, Princess Genesis. When Spirle did that mass attack all over Aseria, Angard was the main place they targeted because they heard it from Kuri through Esther's camera," Lute explained. Marina's eyes widened. "But King's Shield arrested Kuri when he went to help her, letting them kidnap Gen easily. But if he works with us, we might be able to fix this quickly."