Episode 24: The Oldest Village in Aseria

"We have to change gondola in Pokétopia anyway, so we might as well take a break there and drop off Marina," Phoenix said, sat down in the gondola. "You are free to take care of your issue."

"Thank you," Infia said quietly. The others didn't say anything, but there was an obvious shift of discomfort from Lute. He had been silent since they left Everend, and spent the trip staring out the window at the dull sky. Only Sophitia had dared to stay close to him, but she didn't say anything. It was difficult to.

"I'll try not to be long. Sorry about this." Infia bowed when they came to a stop. She was the first to step off into the station.

"What's got you in a rush, anyway? Did something happen?" Marina asked.

"Actually, I wanted to ask you something," Infia replied.

"Well, go ahead. You could've asked me any time," Marina said.

"Um, I-I... I can't," Infia turned bright red. Esther perked up.

"Oh right, that thing. Yeah okay, er," Esther said, and spun around to look at everyone. "Yeah uh, we're gonna be a little bit, 'kay? You guys go do something for a little while."

"Hmm? What's wrong?" Sophitia wondered.

"It's kinda for me and Infia alone. We'll be in the King's Shield base if you need us. We'll call you when we're ready to go. That means you too, Fluffy Cheeks." Esther waved at them. She pulled Infia and Marina with her, and soon disappeared into the crowd in an impatient sprint.

"Er... shall we grab snacks?" Sophitia suggested with a shrug. Lute remained half-lidded, while Phoenix looked confused.

The three girls went straight to the agent base underneath the shopping arcade, but once there, Infia shrivelled up and couldn't stop blushing. There wasn't anyone there except them and a few operators, and they were hard at work on computers. Some had headphones on. Athens wasn't even around, so all was quiet.

"C'mon now. You all have work to do. And I know no one wants to say it, but I doubt Lute's patience is going to last with you girls keeping secrets like this," Marina said. "What's wrong?"

"I-I, um, I dunno how to say this," Infia squeaked every word.

"Forget Lute, don't worry about him. That turd can wait as long as it takes. This is important," Esther stated. She walked behind Infia and shoved her a little. "Go ahead! Be brave. No one here is gonna judge you for asking."

"Y-yes they are!" she squeaked even louder. Marina tilted her head. "I-I can't. This was a bad idea. I'm sorry about this, sorry. Forget it, I wasted your time."

"No you didn't- urf, alright, I'll do it," Esther said.

"Esther no!"

"Infia wants to know if you can improve her body," Esther said, paws on her hips. The Minun went even redder and pulled her shirt over her head. "Since you made Lute so powerful and stuff, is it possible that you can like, y'know... I really hate to put this way, but is there a way to like, 'fix' Infia? You don't have to give her any crazy powers and stuff."

"Fix her?" Marina said slowly. Esther signalled for the Minun to talk again, and she gulped. She stepped forward and lifted her skirt, revealing her nappy.

"M-m-make it s-so that I don't have to we-wear this anymore... please," she said.

"Oh, that's what this is about. Okay, I totally understand the privacy, now," Marina said. She gave Infia a quick look, and rubbed her chin. "Normally I would immediately decline. This isn't something that could be done on a normal Pokémon. They want me working on V-Pocket and Risen stuff, so this will be a good refresher. But please understand that I can only promise to try."