Episode 4: Fighting for a friend

Everyone waited outside the gates of the school grounds, some students quietly muttering amongst themselves They were safe from this distance, but the audible rumble of the ground and the vibration of the building had everyone holding their breaths

Everyone waited outside the gates of the school grounds, some students quietly muttering amongst themselves They were safe from this distance, but the audible rumble of the ground and the vibration of the building had everyone holding their breaths. This was even after the classes and groups of Pokémon had been sorted and a headcount had been made to ensure everyone had escaped. There were no casualties, and apparently only two Pokémon were missing.

Sophitia knew that one of those Pokémon was Infia, though. The clothed Minun hadn't been seen since that awkward cry for a bathroom break right before their lessons started. Whatever those explosive auras that came from Infia were, she couldn't sense them anymore.

"The tremors have stopped. Go and arrest the culprit, now!" a robotic voice instructed, making Sophitia jump.

At some point the police had arrived, a squad of Magneton commanded by a Magnezone. There was also a Goodra and a male Meowstic with unrealistically smooth fur as well, and those two walked right through the crowd.

"It's a good thing we were around. With an almost clear headcount, the initial investigation should go easy," Meowstic said. His voice was rich and confident.

"Who're they?" Sophitia asked. She had to look for Anbi.

"Just authorities. They happened to be in town, so they came," the Umbreon replied. "Have you been keeping up with the news lately?"

"Mum doesn't let me read it," Lute replied.

"Spirle's activities have begun to get more dangerous as of recently. Sudden riots in cities, powerful attacks going off at large buildings... I fear this may be one of their attacks," Anbi explained. He sighed and grit his fangs. "We'll see what these guys have to say."

"Structure scan complete. Just waiting for the magnet unit's report now," Meowstic muttered, staring at the screen of a handheld device in his paws. "That's all. The culprit's been found."

"Already?" Sophitia gasped. The Meowstic looked up at her.

"Hm? My apologies. I was mumbling a little too loud," he said.

"Well who is it? Don't leave us hanging!" she cried.

"This is kinda out of our jurisdiction," Anbi said.

"We were there. We're directly involved in this!" Sophitia raised her voice and bounced. "Tell us!"

"If there's no need for the public to know, then I'm afraid you can't know," Meowstic stated. The Goodra next to him started rubbing its chin, specifically the slime that normally drooled there. "Hold your curiosity. It'll do you good to not be too nosy in the future."

With that he walked off, meeting the Magneton that emerged from the building. They were circling someone, and after a quick exchange of words, he began to lead them back into town.

"Wait a second, that's- Lute, that's Infia!" Sophitia gasped.

"Sophitia?" Lute replied.

"Lute, they're arresting Infia!" she squeaked.