Episode 17: Battle in the Southern Temple

"So it is not just me

"So it is not just me." Phoenix gritted his fangs. "I can feel a powerful presence nearby. There is someone or something here that wants us to know we should not be here."

"It's that powerful Eevee we saw the other day. I'm sure of it." Sophitia scrunched up her face.

"Powerful Eevee?" Esther said.

"Now's not the time to explain. We can't afford for him to find us. Naivie, what do we need to do here? Quickly!" Sophitia said.

"There really shouldn't be anyone here, you know. So I dunno what's up with your hokey 'senses' and stuff but—" Naivie said.

"Naivie, this is not a joke. What do we need to do?" Sophitia raised her voice.

"Alright alright. You of all Pokémon should know not to rush a lady," Naivie said. At the far end of the cave, within sight of the teleportal, was another crater. This one was surrounded by patterns and marks on the floor, and its centre was a large mound of soil. "Here. I'll plant a Gracidea Seed in the centre. Then the rest of you must pray to it. If your prayers and respect is genuine, then the seed will grow into a flower Pokémon. It takes about a minute."

"That's really it? I feel like there's more to it than that. It's got to be more complex," Lute said.

"Prayer?" Esther said. She walked around the whole setup with a finger on her mouth. "Well I'm not really the praying type, but—"

"Oh good Arceus, must I do everything? Each of you needs to stand in those outside circles. Shut your eyes, kneel, and I'll do the rest!" Naivie squeaked.

"It just sounds too easy," Lute said as he found the circles she was talking about. They each found a space, but Lute realised that there was one empty circle in their formation, even though all of them were present. Naivie floated over the centre of the crater, so the missing space didn't belong to her. "Wait, is this right? Why is there an empty space?"

"Never mind that, just kneel!" Naivie cried.

"If this doesn't work, we know who to blame." He shook his head. He took a deep breath, cleared his thoughts, and then closed his eyes as he bowed his head.

"I-I can't. He's here," Sophitia said. Her and Phoenix jumped out of their places and rushed to the middle of the room. "He's already here!"

"Sophitia," Lute said.

Almost as if he'd been snuck up on, the footsteps of that powerful figure were close by. The familiar, unsettling, echo of heavy footsteps that had terrified him so much before. This time, the Pokémon confronted him. Whether he got over his fear or not, they were to challenge this powerful Pokémon head on. The thought had Lute's breath grow tense, and then frantic when the shadow of the Pokémon rotated through the room.

There he was. An Eevee that was normal in appearance in every way except his face. He had jagged, messy head fur, but his eyes were empty. White sockets with the tiniest brown veins to imply that eyeballs were there, but lacked all detail. He didn't particularly look that powerful, but his robotic walk and rigid gaze instilled the idea that he wasn't to be messed with. The instant the Eevee came into sight, his speed increased and his body glowed with energy.