Episode 26: The Next Phase

"Listen to me now

"Listen to me now. You're not doing the move properly."

"I'm doing exactly what you said!" the little Sylveon cried.

"Look. Look up here, at me." The mother spoke sternly and pointed to herself.

At long last, the vision was clear enough to make her out. The mother was a regal creature with a beautiful tiara of pink gems on her head. Her body was grey as stone, yet smooth and round, with a sleek figure but a young complexion. A short white dress adorned with a pink diamond covered her arms and body, while her lower half took on rocky form. This rocky half had a large pink diamond half sticking out of it.

"Follow me carefully, now," the Pokémon instructed.

The Pokémon tensed itself and tucked its arms together, cupping space between them as it drew them back. With its intense cry came a glow of white energy between its palms, which it then began to cultivate. The energy grew until a large sphere of light was held within.

"Wow," the little Sylveon said, entranced.

"Pay attention. You try it now," the motherly Pokémon instructed, after she relieved the attack.

The vision blurred the scenery to focus solely on the two Pokémon. The Sylveon copied the larger Pokémon's pose as best as she could, using her feelers in place of hands. Energy formed, but the sounds and sparkling energy was different.

"Focus on your feelings. You're still using Moonblast!" The Pokémon said.

"Ahh!" Sylveon squeaked.

The cry caused a lack of focus, and then an explosion went off. The motherly Pokémon was unharmed, but the little Sylveon had been knocked to the floor. She shivered and sounded like she was going to cry.

"Are you alright?" the motherly Pokémon asked as she reached out.

"I'm fine! This is just a setback!" the little Sylveon shouted and slapped their hand away. She got up and performed the motion again, though that only seemed to make the Pokémon frown at her. "What's wrong? I can't be weak and rely on others all the time. I have to be strong too. That's why you taught me all these moves, Diancie!"

"But you are missing an important part about this last move." Diancie shook her head. "Moonblast might seem to be an exceptionally powerful attack, but Return can be far stronger. However, Return cannot be used without a genuine faith in others. You will never progress and become any stronger unless you understand that. Let the Pokémon help you, and in turn, help them."

"But if I'm strong enough, I won't ever need their help. They can just leave everything to me!" Sylveon said.

"Then why are you training?" Diancie said.

There was a pause.

"You are nearly there, capable of many mighty powers. And of the rare fairy type species, many of these powers are exclusive only to you. Use those powers to just, help everyone. Spend your life making everyone you can be happy."