Episode 22: Evoli

Gen was sat on the fence around Angard's crater with her arms tucked behind her head and legs hung loosely

Gen was sat on the fence around Angard's crater with her arms tucked behind her head and legs hung loosely. She was half asleep, but sprung awake the instant she heard the Teleportal go off. "You're back?"

"Ah, finally! Fresh air and a late-night chill," Esther cheered with a stretch. "Seriously, did Pokémon live there? I'm surprised we didn't melt."

"Fire Pokémon, Esther. Come on, it's so obvious," Naivie said.

"Yeah but even Fluffy Cheeks is," Esther said, glancing at him. The Fennekin was sparkly clean for some reason, even though everyone else was drenched in sweat and catching their breath. "Okay, you're right. Forget it. Just get me home so I can have a bath, please."

"You weren't kidding about that, huh?" Sophitia said.

"Why would I? Have you seen my clothes? They probably smell like a wet Grumpig," Esther complained and tugged at her shirt.

"More importantly, where's our next destination?" Kuri asked.

"Already?" Lute said.

"Don't have to go there right away. It's just useful to know," Kuri said. Naivie nodded and took to the centre of the group.

"The temple on the western continent. I don't know what the place is like right now, but if the land is the same, then be ready for some real mountain climbing," Naivie stated. "That'll be the third of four temples, located high up in frigid mountains. I had my doubts about this journey, but you guys are making faster progress than I thought. The seasons will be back in no time."

"Praise from Naivie without a sarcastic tone? Should we call a Blissey?" Sophitia gasped.

"Don't push your luck," Naivie grumbled.

"I won't. Just teasing, hee hee," Sophitia giggled.

"You just got back here," Gen said. "You're going to leave already?"

"Heck no! I came back to see you, not get roped into this. Fastest way to get the kids to leave is to just do what they needed to do here," Kuri folded his arms.

"Oh yeah right. You're here because I told you to be here. And now that you're here, you're part of the team. Don't make things difficult," Naivie cried, fluttering in front of him.

"Nope. And you can't make me." The Chespin flicked her away. He wrapped his arms around Gen and brought her in close. "Not when I've got a promise with the most beautiful woman in the world."

"Ugh. I know I've been waiting, but no need to get sappy on me," Gen turned away. "Besides, your work with these kids is important. If you have to go, then I understand."

"The only place I have to go right now is somewhere with you. Where do you fancy? Pokétopia? That sweet shop in Everend?" Kuri said.

"Be serious about this."