Episode 34: Aseria's Last Crisis

"What is this? What just what happened to you, Naivie?" Esther gasped and staggered back alongside everyone

"What is this? What just what happened to you, Naivie?" Esther gasped and staggered back alongside everyone. Naivie's colossal form leaned over them and laughed. "Did you evolve?"

"Evolve? No. I was supposed to have regained my original form, but it appears that isn't fully possible right now. But it doesn't matter. Like this, I'm strong enough to crush you all if you decline my master's demands," Naivie said. Her voice was low and a little distorted.

"Your master's wishes?" Lute said.

"Let's save ourselves some time and exposition and cut straight to the chase, shall we? Let the lady speak for you," Naivie said, baring her claws. Her form toppled a little, forcing her to put them down again to keep balanced. All eyes turned to Sophitia, who was going pale. "So go on! Our conquest begins now. We're going to reclaim what was once ours."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about, though," Sophitia looked down. Her voice was so quiet and uncertain.

"Don't waste our time, champion. We've been waiting generations for this!" Naivie raised her voice and leaned forward.

"No, no, no, I really don't know! I promise, I mean it," she pleaded and bowed. Naivie's eyes narrowed, and she leaned back.

She's so afraid. This isn't like Sophitia at all, Lute realised.

"Nothing? You mean to say that amnesia excuse is actually real? That you don't remember anything prior to meeting Lute in that cave?" Naivie questioned. Sophitia didn't answer. "You don't remember me or my original appearance? You don't remember Artemis, Diancie, or our accursed home, Balunercc?"

There was silence besides Sophitia's whimpers and the choir of the altar. That brought Naivie to go half lidded, and she growled. "To think that I spent all this time playing along with your asinine little game. Do you know how pathetic I felt? How foolish I looked? How long I waited for you get your act together?"

"Whatever's going on, this was your plan all along, wasn't it? You're using the V-Waves from the temples to power yourself up," Esther readied her baton.

"Quiet, peasants. You fools have nothing to do with this," Naivie replied.

"To hell with that. We have everything to do with this, bitch! You can't tell me we went through all of this just for you to—" Esther shouted, getting cut off by Naivie's attempt to smash her. She hopped back to avoid it, but stumbled and fell on her backside.

"Esther!" Infia cried. The others were all ready for battle, now.

"You got one thing right, and that was that I deceived you," Naivie said. "Heroes? Chosen ones? All a load of nothing. None of you are anything special in the slightest. Ordinary Pokémon, the lot of you. Except Sophitia."

"That can't be true. The temples reacted to us. W-we could go to Moand Dia," Lute argued.

"The temples reacted to me and Sophitia, fool! Once Artemis' champion, but now a lowly Sylveon, head over heels in a petty teenage romance. It's a shameful waste, but whatever. You're useless to us, now. I have the go ahead to get rid of you all, and I'm going to enjoy it." Naivie clenched her claws. "That is, unless of course, you pledge your alliance to me. I'm sure we ancients could find some use for you, still."