Episode 12: Infia's Big Play

Author's note: this chapter is at about double the length of all chapters prior. Please allow yourself plenty of time if you intend to read the chapter in one sitting.

...

"Something's not right this morning

"Something's not right this morning. I'm telling you, I can feel it, something's going terribly wrong," Sophitia said. Her head was in her feelers as she was walked, so she bump into Pokémon in the school hallways.

"What's with her?" Cinder leaned in to whisper. He, Raiju, and Lute weren't far behind.

"I don't know. She's been saying stuff like that all morning," Lute said.

"Oooh, were you two up to some naughties?" Raiju said, half-lidded. Sophitia suddenly flew across the hallway and slapped him down.

"Don't say something so dumb. I would never!" she cried. "I've told you before that I can sense Pokémon's emotions, right?"

"You can do that?" Lute gasped. Cinder looked surprised, too.

"It's how I was able to tell Infia was hiding something. To tell the truth, Infia's the only Pokémon whose emotions I've been able to sense so far. I'm guessing it has something to do with how strong they are," Sophitia rubbed her chin. "After that incident, the feeling stopped. But last night and this morning, the feeling's back, and it's more uncomfortable than ever."

"You're probably just feeling something else. You ate a lot yesterday, maybe it's indigestion?" Lute suggested.

"Indigest- I think I'd be able to tell the difference between that. If anything, I'm still hungry," she replied.

"Of course you are," Cinder rolled his eyes.

"Wait, seriously? You had like seven stacks of pancakes this morning. And all of them had sauce!" Lute cried.

"Wow. Keep eating like that, and you'll turn into a marshmallow," Raiju giggled.

"You're gonna drop fat jokes here and I'm gonna say I don't care. What matters is my emotion sensors are outta control right now. I think something really bad's gonna happen to Infia," she looked away. The school jingle went off, signalling everyone to head to their classrooms.

"Urf, I really feel like you're overthinking. Infia's probably fine. We walked her home yesterday," Lute said as he took his place in the classroom. Sophitia moaned but joined him, but constantly watched the students as they piled into the room.

When rollcall started, it became clear to her. Infia didn't come into the room at all. That foreboding wasn't mere foreboding.

Sophitia had been woken up by the horrible tingle in her feelers. It felt the same way as when she initially sensed Infia's discomfort, only this time, it was miles worse. The fact that she felt it when the Minun wasn't anywhere near her told of just how powerful those feelings were.