Episode 15: Aseria's Ancient History

"Okay it's not that I don't appreciate the help, but do you have to use the most painful healing method known to man?" Sophitia said, and then squealed out loud as her wound was rubbed and prodded

"Okay it's not that I don't appreciate the help, but do you have to use the most painful healing method known to man?" Sophitia said, and then squealed out loud as her wound was rubbed and prodded. Gen the Meowstic had a spray bottle and a cloth to deal with the Sylveon's open wound, and although Sophitia allowed her to work, she kept cringing hard with every touch.

"Do you want to get infected?" Gen warned.

"Well no, but like, isn't there a pain-free way to do this? Ow-eep!" She stifled a scream with a raised head. "You guys have all this scary technology like gondolas and automatic doors, but you couldn't come up with something useful like a painless medicine?"

"I don't think it's that simple," Esther giggled at the scene. Phoenix sat in a corner and watched, while Lute was lost in thought in the middle of the room. After a few more squeaks and screams, Sophitia was bandaged up just below her chest, though she scratched at the bandages.

"Don't pick at them. Stay like that for a day or two and you should be fine. And obviously, stay out of fights," Gen instructed.

"Kinda tough when the agents probably have work for us. So er, Lute. What're we doing about food?" Sophitia asked.

"Food?" Lute mumbled, half-paying attention.

"Yeah, food. I dunno about you, but I'm ready to pass out back here. And I assure you, blood loss has nothing to do with it," she said. He blinked in thought. He only now realised that they hadn't eaten a thing since breakfast. He certainly didn't feel it until she mentioned it.

"Wonderful. Agents damage my ruins, crash my home, and now they don't even have a plan to look after themselves. Why did I sign up for this?" Gen shook her head as she marched off into another room.

"U-uh, sorry. We didn't mean it that way. We'll sort something out," Lute trailed off as Gen returned with a bowl of berries. The sight of them awakened his actual hunger, and he felt his stomach rumble. "U-um..."

"Help yourself. I'm pretty sure I overstocked anyway," Gen said.

"Don't mind if I do," Esther sung. "Don't worry, I'll pay ya back. Lady's promise."

"Wait, overstock? And you have these. You don't really live here, do you?" Lute said, grabbing an Oran Berry.

"Yes. I do. I am a Pokémon who preserves history. So when Spirle members or petty criminals do their dirty work here like it's some kind of abandoned location, I have to drive them out," Gen stated as she played with a Pecha Berry. "Ruins and history are important, but so many Pokémon nowadays have no respect for them. All you can think about is building new things and 'advancing society', but I believe none of you are actually thinking about that."

"Thinking about it?" Sophitia said with a full mouth.

"Like you just said. You're all happy to build stuff Pokémon don't need like automatic doors or whatnot, and all without thinking about it," Gen clarified. Her face became fierce as she spoke, and her paws were dug into the berry. "You're happy to erase history like it never happened. Too quick are Pokémon to convert to things they don't fully understand. No matter what, I won't let a single Pokémon touch this country."