Episode 8: Fairies and Seasons

"Abominations?" Lute blinked at the two fairy types

"Yes. The Pokémon call those abominations 'The Risen'," the Floette said. Her voice was serene but loud Pokémon of her size. "The Risen are monsters who have been showing up around this area recently. My field of Safeguard usually keeps them out, but those three slipped through. The Risen have been increasing in strength since their appearance, and have now reached the stage where I may no longer be able to keep them away."

"It's good thing they called us, then. Last thing we want are those... plants getting ruined," Sophitia said slowly. "What is this place, anyway? It stands out so much."

"The arch? It is a relic of history. Part of this nature preserve. Me and my sister Florrie, the Flabébé here, serve as protectors of relics like these," Floette replied. "Come, children. Let us reward you for your valiant efforts."

"I er, it was Sophitia that did everything, though. I was too weak to hurt them," Lute blushed.

"Nonsense. We watched your boundless bravery," Floette praised as she float up to him. She seemed to hesitate, and then slipped forward and kissed him on the slips, to which he recoiled immediately and spat.

"Hey what gives?" he started spitting and coughing exaggeratedly.

"Oh my. I would have thought that would be but a small act of appreciation for our saviours, but it appears to be your distaste," Floette said, rubbing her face.

"Your way of rewarding Pokémon is a kiss? That's gross!" Lute cried.

"Might've worked in the 90s," Sophitia groaned and shrugged.

"For crying out loud sis, they're clearly kids. They're not gonna appreciate somethin' like that," Florrie dragged her palm down her face. Her voice was just as strong as Floette's, but much younger and rougher.

"Then what could I repay them with, Florrie?" Floette asked.

"You don't need to pay 'em. They're kids, they don't know anything," Florrie spat and blew raspberries.

"But they came to our aid when nobody else did. And the Sylveon has shown remarkable strength. There is no doubt about it, they are our heroes, the ones who responded to our awakening," Floette said, facing them.

"Us? Na-uh, I'm just a Sylveon with memory loss," Sophitia shrugged.

"But we are training to be heroes with the Agents of King's Shield. Maybe this is like, the start of our adventure for real!" Lute started bouncing.

"Our 'adventure'? I never heard anything about adventuring," Sophitia replied. "Just about getting this done with so we can get back to school on time."

"Seriously, why're you so worried about school now?" Lute said, half-lidded. "C'mon, at least hear what they have to say. Maybe they know something about that really cool sword and shield attack you used."