Episode 6: Agents of King's Shield

"Why'd she go and push me away like that, huh? I was only trying to help and stuff," Sophitia mumbled

"You were really reckless, though. You put us on the spot and stuff. She's really not good at peer pressure like that," Lute replied just as quietly. They were both in their beds, lights out and moonlight peeking through the gaps of the curtain.

"You weren't standing up for your friend, then that turned into a chance to show off your stuff. It worked out, so what's the big deal?" she sighed.

"We could've gotten really hurt and stuff. It would've been way better and safer to stay out of it and let the police do their thing," he reasoned.

"And then let Victoria have gotten away? Standing around and watching as wrongdoers do whatever they want is why crime exists in the first place," she groaned and rolled to face away from him. Silence fell for a moment. "Hey, Lute? Where's Infia's dad?"

"... I don't think she has one. She was adopted, after all," he answered.

"Oh," she said. Silence again. "What about your dad?"

Lute made a sound and didn't reply.

"Is it a bad subject?"

"No. I've never met him, and Mum won't tell me, either," he said, shifting under the covers. "... Thanks, Sophitia."

"Hmm?"

"For helping Infia today. You helped me battle Victoria, too. I wouldn't have been brave enough," he said.

"That's more like it. Some recognition," she finally smiled.

He rolled his eyes. "No need to be like that. Goodnight, now."

"Goodnight, Lute."

The next morning...

"Lute, there you are. Why does it take you longer than Sophitia to get washed?" Marina greeted, welcoming the Eevee to the breakfast table. Scones, pancakes, and some large fruits were laid out for them to help themselves to, which Sophitia had piled up to make a tower on her plate. Once he saw that, Lute sighed and shook his head, helping himself to one of each.

"Because she doesn't wash properly," he grumbled.

"I do I do. You're just more of a girl than I am," she said before stuffing her face. "Ibs all jubbs bwecwause I'm—"

"Don't talk with your mouth full. Anyway, I wish you'd actually told me what you did yesterday rather than letting me find out thanks to the police," the Vaporeon rambled as she shuffled through a bag to reveal a note. "They invited us to a little meet over in Densan City."

"The police? Invited us?" Sophitia snatched the note.

"Sophitia," Lute groaned.

"By 'invited' I mean 'ordered', of course. Because your little confrontation involved a wanted Spirle member, the big guns need a report. We're going there once you've eaten," Marina informed.