Episode 16: Crisis of the Seasons

Grounded

Grounded. After all that had happened, Lute had managed to forget that recent events all stemmed from his sudden bolting out of school. That, followed by a night away from home into an agent mission, left Mum and his friends in absolute terror. To say that he and Sophitia got a talking to was putting it mildly.

This did let the next few days pass by contently, however. After the drama his absence caused had been talked about, everything settled back into usual routine for him. Eventful school days and banter-filled mornings replaced his worries about getting stronger, if only because he now had too much work to do than to worry about whatever King's Shield wanted him to do for them. Either way, they didn't call him once.

Then the weekend came...

"Yes, he's not allowed out after that whole event. But I'm not going to turn you away Infia, you know that." Marina welcomed the Minun into the house. "Have you been feeling alright?"

"I'm okay. It's... nicer being back at school. Cinder and Raiju have been visiting, too," Infia played with her paws as she spoke.

"That's good. And should you ever need the company too, don't hesitate to come by. I promise you, there's always space for you here." Marina smiled.

Infia blushed and bowed, and then made her way to Lute's room. She found him and Sophitia deep in an argument about something, presumably homework due to the scroll of paper she spotted on the floor. Sophitia's bandages were off and her wound had healed, although there was still a mark of darkened fur where she'd been hit.

"I'm telling you; the attack is called Last Resort. I can't believe you're mixing it up with Self-Destruct," Sophitia said.

"It's an attack seen as a last-ditch effort, that's what the paper says," Lute stomped on it.

"Considering what Self-Destruct does, it's an easy last option. It's such an obvious mix up," Sophitia said.

"It's what the book says, and Anbi said to go by the book. It has to be Self-Destruct," Lute argued.

"Oh my gosh, are we reading the same book here? It also says that Eeveelutions can do it. Do we look like we can explode into a million pieces?" Sophitia raised her voice

"Well you probably could if you tried, what with the way you eat," he said.

"Oh what, are we leading toward another fat comment? Whatever, it's Last Resort!" She shouted.

"Um," Infia spoke up, and they both froze.

"Infia! I-I didn't see you come in." Lute hopped to his feet. He went right up to her and held her paws in his. "H-hi. I wasn't expecting you today."

"He-hello. I just... got a bit lonely this morning, and I knew you were at home this weekend, so," she said, looking away. They stayed there for a bit, still holding each other's paws. "Yo-you're still wearing the necklace I gave you."