Episode 3: Infia

"I'm impressed, Lute

"I'm impressed, Lute. You managed to do somethin' crazier than me!" Raiju cried as he threw himself over the Eevee to nuzzle him. Lute squirmed and threw him off, but not before a light crackle of static made his fur stand on end. "O-oops. Sorry."

Lute and Sylveon had gotten home much later into the night than they expected, somewhere near midnight. Marina, Lute's mother, had been waiting for him outside the house with bated breath. Raiju had told her what happened to him, and since then, the Vaporeon had been restless. A few anxious shouts and motherly rambles later, and the lot of them had calmed down.

"And this is her," Marina said, turning to Sylveon. Sylveon struggled to stare back. She looked so weak that it was a wonder she was still standing. "Goodness, Lute! You're not what I call a troublemaker, but when you make trouble, you really put me in it, you know?"

"A-ah, I just... sorry. But I really don't know what else we can do. Please Mum, we have to help her," he begged.

"That's not what I meant," Marina turned back to Lute. "Couldn't you have at least found fruit or something on the way home? I'm going to have to prepare a meal, and at this hour."

"Oh. uh—" he leaned away.

"Yes, that means she can stay. Now go in and get something for her before she passes out!"

...

Lute lay back in a dog bed unable to stop thinking about it. It was hard to believe everything that had happened, but it did, and he was being made to treat it as though it were a normal occurrence. Sylveon slept in her own bed on the opposite side of his bedroom, which he was now being made to share. Two days had passed since she'd been allowed to live there, and her messy nature was already showing.

He couldn't sleep, so he got up to tiptoe to her side of the room. She was sprawled out in a position he was sure would give her aches in the morning, surrounded by many of his old toys and anything else she'd taken apart in his room.

The night after she arrived, Marina named her 'Sophitia', which the Sylveon happily accepted as a name. The two days afterwards, Marina had the two of them doing chores while she rearranged the house so that the new addition could live with them. Only Marina left the house, and no one new came to visit. He yawned in silence, stretched, and then slumped back into bed. Sophitia might've been happy with this casual reaction, but he wasn't.

"Something bothering you?" Sophitia asked, making him tremble. He didn't realise she was awake. "Don't try anything funny. I'm letting you look after me, but that doesn't mean touching me in my sleep."

"Ew, why would I even want to?" Lute hissed.

"Excuse me?" she replied.

"No, I mean- that's just creepy. Forget it," he said. She made a stifled giggle. "I just thought we'd be trying to find out who you really are or something. I was hoping that'd feel more like an adventure, but it's just... us at home. It's boring."