Episode 32: The Is Who We Are -PART 2-

Even though she had psyched herself up for it, Lassic's roar of death still shook her to the bone. He may have looked like a mutated monster now, but his pain was real enough to let her know what she had just done.

Sophitia dared to look up, even though she shivered nonstop. Lassic bled from his mouth, and glared down at her with a mad fury in his eyes. Two feelers held her blade deep in his chest, but blood oozed from around the blade. Being so close to him, his heated breath brought her gradually closer to screaming. But she held on, and breathed frantically as she shifted back to pull her weapon out.

"You don't understand, do you?" Lassic said with a low, satisfied growl. She could only respond with a gulp, and then the colour of flames began to seep from his upper orifices. Between his eyes, somewhere around his neck, and whatever of his ears was underneath that flaming head fur. That was followed by his head beginning to bulge as well, and the whole group set off gasping.

"Sophitia!" Lute screamed and rushed toward her. Esthia and Kuri were several steps ahead, and pushed their way between the Sylveon and the mutated Delphox. He could just about see them activate Protect and Spiky Shield before Lassic's head exploded into a nasty mess of flames and flesh. This blast was strong enough to push their group back, leaving them disturbed and soaked in smouldering blood. They shook themselves off in a panic.

A few moments passed, then. No one made a move for an uncomfortable amount of time, as if someone else was supposed to do something to move this forward. But as the blood cooled, the group looked at themselves, all shivering by just how much had splattered around the arena.

"He's headless! Don't look at him," Genesis said as she floated back down to their level.

"I had to do it again, though," Sophitia whispered with a hard shiver. She glared at her stained feelers and paws, and her face turned pale. "I-is that really it?"

Phoenix didn't seem to have a problem with staring at the mutation, but he suddenly flinched. "Don't start celebrating. Something's coming!"

"But he's—" Sophitia whispered. She dared to look up with a feeler over her eyes. She blocked out his missing head from view. His body had remained standing, but it looked like it was going to evolve further. "You've got to be freaking kidding me!"

"That stab should have done it. Can he really recover?" Kuri clenched his fists.

All the others could do was growl and stand back as Lassic's chest began to pulsate, soon joined by the brown bulges by his missing arms. It all beat loudly, as if a giant heart in his body was pumping something into him that was trying to burst out. His body grew taller as a white texture took over him, and the familiar look of an authentic Pokémon evolution happened again.

His arms appeared first, stretching out far to the sides to give his enormous claws the space to shape out. His legs grew in a similar fashion, becoming even wider with longer nails. Lastly, a face burst out of his chest, which seemed to curl up his body as if he was shedding a skin. His tail grew bushier, his head fur resembled a war fan made of flames, and a new shape of armour replaced the chest he had just discarded. With his evolution complete, the light disappeared, revealing his new form.

 With his evolution complete, the light disappeared, revealing his new form