Chapter 45- Origins

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiìii........thank you for being here. Ok bye-

Jus kidding. We all know you are most likely being forced.So welcome back.

READ THIS♡

I am doing this thing where I am going to ask a why don't we related question and you comment the answer and I will say the correct answer in the next chapter.

Answer to the last question

Where is Corbyn's hometown?

Texas but grew up in Fairfax, Virginia

Next question

Where is Jonah's hometown?

Comment your answer.

____________________________________________________________________________

Previously on The Best Mistake

"I need to tell you about why I put you up for adoption, but first there is something both of you need to know." She started.

She took a deep breath and said,"You both are not my blood children. I am your godmother and your real parents are dead."

*************************************************************************************

"Wait hold up!" Jonah said loudly. "I'm adopted too?" He asked. 

"Yes, let me explain." our not so real mom said. I looked over at Jonah and saw him take a really deep breath before nodding. 'Mom' continued speaking toward me by saying, "Your birth mother named me Jonah's godmother after he was born but when you was born, your mother developed a serious sickness after giving birth to you." 

I couldn't help but start to tear up at the thought that my mother got sick because of me but despite my tears, I didn't say anything. 

"Your dad couldn't handle the thought of losing your mom so he joined something like a gang." she continued as I felt my heart break more after every word. Jonah seemed to realize that I was hurt so he put his hand on mine but what I realizes is that he is hurting just as much as I am.

"The doctors found a cure for you mother and she was healed so your father left the gang to be with his family once more. After you guys reunited, your mom made me your godmother too." She continued and I let out a sigh of relief but if she was cured, how did they die?

"I know your probably confused still but just let me finish," she said realizing that we had questions.

"Your father's gang didn't want to let him leave but he insisted and left. The gang went after him and the entire family. Your parents died trying to protect Tiffany." She paused as Jonah quickly intruded to question, "Where was I all this time?" I turned to face him while he was asking and I can see how frustrated he was and how heartbroken he was.

"You were with me. Tiffany survived only because your father's gang didn't know that your parents had kids. The police found her and they brought her to me. When I had both Jonah and you with me, I treated you as my own and promised that I would make sure no harm will come your way." She explained after answering Jonah's question and the way she explained it I felt happy to have a godmother like that but I could sense a 'but' coming.

"But in order to keep that promise, I needed to separate both of you. You see, when the police found Tiffany, it was on the news and the gang knew that I had her, so I sent her for adoption. It was one of the hardest decisions of my life but it was one that had to be made. I am jut glad that you two found each other and we are back together." She finished. Jonah and I let out a sigh of relief now that we finally know our full backstory.