Call Me Jin Hyung! (6)

Jin: "Yes! I'll do my best to take care of Jungkook like he's my child and younger brother! I'll dedicate all my time on him! Please trust me, dad!"

Jungkook heard what Seokjin had said, but he was having mixed feelings. His mind told him not to trust a nine years old as they are very fickle-minded but his heart told him to trust Kim Seokjin.

Seokjin's dad could see the seriousness in Seokjin's eyes, and maybe, just maybe, he could trust his son with this huge responsibility.

Seokjin's dad: "You promise you will always look after Jungkook no matter what? If you two get into a fight, you'll always give in to him and take the initiative to apologize first? Will you let the youngest in the family have all the better things instead of you? Are you really able to do these?"

Seokjin scrunched his nose in disagreement with his dad's words, but he shook it away. He's the older, he's expected to give in to the younger.

Jin: "Yes, I promise!"

Seokjin's dad: "You do know the responsibilities you will have if Jungkook were to move into our house, is that really alright with you? You'll not only be his older brother, but his parents. I won't be able to stay home most of the time since I'm travelling around for work, I'm sure you know that. Do you still insist on bringing Jungkook home with us?"

Jin: "Yes! I know that."

Everyone held in their breath unknowingly while Seokjin's dad was deciding for the best. Seokjin's passion and reply really makes him want to believe his son will do a great job. Moreover, he really didn't want Jungkook to end up in the orphanage and eventually placed into an abusive household. He made up his mind.

Seokjin's dad: "Alrigh-"

Jin: "Yay!"
He jumped up in joy.

Everyone heaved a sigh of relief when Seokjin's dad decided to adopt Jungkook. They smiled at one another, all feeling happy and relieved for Jungkook.

Seokjin's dad: "Wait!"

Everyone looked at him in silence, afraid he might take back his words after thinking about it once again. To everyone's relief, he's a man of his words.

Seokjin's dad: "You have to make sure Jungkook is willing to go back with us first. It's his choice that matters."
Seokjin nodded in excitement and ran towards Jungkook's door.

Jungkook heard everything and he was afraid to give a reply all too soon. He was afraid that they will hurt him just like his dad, and throw him into an orphanage if they didn't like him.

He didn't want to trust again.

*knock*

Jungkook: "C-come in please."
He stuttered helplessly.

The door opened and Seokjin walked in slowly, trying to drag as long as he could. He stared straight at Jungkook's big doe eyes. He didn't know how to ask in a way so that the younger wouldn't be able to reject him.

Jungkook reminded Seokjin of a little bunny, especially when Jungkook looks up at him with those big doe eyes. Seokjin's heart could just explode from how adorable Jungkook looked. He quickly shook his thoughts away and gathered up his courage.

Jin: "So umm... m-my dad and I hope that you can come home with us... I-I promise I'll be a good brother to you! I'll always protect you no matter what, and I'll stand by your side if anyone dares to bullies you! Not like I would allow that to happen..."
He rambled on with his voice shaking.

Jungkook was mesmerized by Seokjin's eyes, nose and lips, basically everything about him. He didn't even know he was staring at Seokjin until the older cleared his throat awkwardly, still waiting for a response.