Life (60)

Jin: "Wait, are you serious? Damn, Namjoon that son of a hotdog didn't even tell me when we met yesterday."
He huffed and rolled his eyes.

Jungkook: "He didn't tell me either, I've heard it from Jimin hyung today."
He chuckled and snuggled up warmly to Seokjin on his beloved white couch.

Jin: "Are you that happy about their marriage? It's none of your business."
He laughed playfully as he played with Jungkook's soft brown locks.

Jungkook nodded with a pout.
Jungkook: "Of course I am happy! My best friend for so many years now is getting married! Aren't you happy?"

Jin: "Mhm, of course. He'll be the first among us to hear the wedding bells."

Silence engulfed them for a short moment as they focused on the horror scene playing on the television screen. The younger kept fidgeting around the couch and Seokjin could tell something was wrong with him.

Jin: "Are you scared? We can change the movie if you want, I won't call you a pussy and tell everyone about this."
Jungkook scoffed at his lies.

Jungkook: "I'm not scared, I'm not like you. I'm just thinking of something..."
Seokjin noticed the younger's cheeks gaining a light shade of red to them.

Jin: "Thinking of what?"
Jungkook held in his breath as his heart thumped loudly in his chest.

Jungkook: "D-do you think... we'll be just like Namjoon hyung and Jisoo noona someday?... Getting married..."
He barely whispered at the same time as the protagonist screamed in the movie, causing Seokjin to miss that.

Jin: "What? I didn't catch that."
He lowered the volume on the TV and turned his attention back on Jungkook.

Jungkook felt even more embarrassed as the pressure of repeating his question for the second time was building up. The full attention the older had on him now, wasn't helping either.

Jungkook: "I-I said... d-do you think we will be like them s-someday?..."
He looked into Seokjin's eyes timidly.

Jin: "Like them? Who? The zombies?"
He tilted his head to the side.

Jungkook: "No! W-wedding bells..."
He blushed heavily as he answered, making Seokjin blush slightly as well.

Jin: "Oh... I don't know..."
He turned his head back to the paused movie and everything went silent now.

Jungkook nibbled on his bottom lip and cursed himself for asking something so unnecessary. He hated the stiff atmosphere he had caused around them with his ignorant question.

Jungkook: "I-I'm going to sleep now..."
He stood up from the couch and walked back to his bedroom without even sparing a glance at Seokjin.

Seokjin stared at Jungkook's back until he had disappeared from sight. He then shifted his eyes back to the television screen as he thought about Jungkook's question through his head.

Jin: "Us, getting married?... Will anyone even congratulate the both of us?..."
He mumbled bitterly and switched off the lights and television, before making his way back to his bedroom.

~Next Day~

Jin: "Jungkook, wake up! You're gonna be late if you continue sleeping in!"
He knocked on Jungkook's door until the said opened it up in reluctance.

Jungkook: "Good morning..."
He rubbed his eyes tiredly.

It didn't take Seokjin long to notice the dark circles under Jungkook's eyes, and he knew that the poor boy didn't have much sleep last night as well.