My New Girlfriend (23)

Seokjin hesitated for a few seconds to knock on Jungkook's door timidly. He dreaded facing the younger again, knowing both of their hearts have yet to heal over such a short period of time.

Jin: "Jungkook... it's time for dinner..."
He mumbled lethargically.

Jungkook: "Coming..."
He replied through the door, still sitting at the previous spot as earlier.

The door opened faster than Seokjin liked, so looked down at his feet to avoid looking at the younger. He didn't want Jungkook to see his eyes any redder than before, and likewise. They made their way to the dining table and ate in complete silence for the first time in their lives of living together for years. They would occasionally steal a glance or two at each other, but that's about it. Both of them knew the other had cried, and it pained them even further, knowing they're so close to being lovers yet they had to end before they could even get a chance to start. Both of them are in love with each other— yet they can't.

They finished their dinner after an awful twenty minutes of silence. Jungkook got up to wash his own plates while Seokjin sat on the chair waiting for him to finish, not wanting to squeeze in the kitchen together considering how awkward both of them are now. Jungkook turned off the tap and walked back into his room without willing to spare a glance at Seokjin because if he did, tears would spill out of his eyes within short seconds.

Seokjin sighed silently as he got up from the chair to wash his plates, cleaned the table, switched off the lights, and went straight into his bedroom. He's exhausted, and all he wants is for today to end, even though he knows that tomorrow doesn't promise either of them a better day.

Jungkook could hear Seokjin's door closing and he felt his body tensing up nervously. Tears found it's way to both of their eyes again as they cried in the dark silently, not wanting the other to hear. Two broken-hearted separated by just a thin wall, yet they couldn't find comfort in the other anymore.

Seokjin paused his tears when he noticed that he had received a message on his phone. He gulped down the sobs and grabbed his phone in hand.

Dad
Jin
Have you talked to Jungkook about it?

Jin
Yes...

Dad
Alright.
I'm sure it'll hurt a lot now but in the future, you guys will get better
It's all a part of growing up...
I don't want this to happen again...
You know I did it for both of your sake
Right?
Jin?

Jin
Yes...

Dad
Alright.
Rest well
I'll come back home tomorrow

Seokjin's dad released a huge sigh as he placed his phone on his lap. He couldn't get the image of Seokjin crying out of his head, it broke his heart to say such things, and threaten his own son to leave the man he loves. He feels like a monster who broke everyone's trust, he didn't know what to do now. In the end, he went to the Bangtan Dads group chat to ask for advice.

Bangtan Dads

Seokjin's Dad
Guys?
Is anyone free now?

Taehyung's Dad
Me

Hoseok's Dad
Mhm?

Yoongi's Dad
Meow is here

Jimin's Dad
Yepyep

Namjoon's Dad
I think everyone's free 😂