Perfect Just The Way You Are (24)

Seokjin headed outside to the park in order to take a breather. Staying at home makes him feels so suffocated, and he had to clear his mind somehow or he'll break down again. He walked around the neighborhood for what seems like hours, finally stopping at the old playground he used to visit with Jungkook all the time. He sat on the swing as he closed his eyes and remembered his childhood.

Their childhood.

~10 Years Ago~

Jin: "Jungkook! I'll push you!"
He giggled happily as he pushed Jungkook on the swing softly.

Jungkook: "Faster, Jin hyung!"
Seokjin nodded and pushed harder.

Jungkook didn't find it fast enough so he jerked his body forward to ride the momentum in the air, making himself faster than either of them could control.

Jin: "Hold onto the chains tightly!"
He yelled with a small smile. Jungkook squealed in happiness as he lifted both arms in the air, the fun replacing his safety for a brief moment.

Jin: "Ah! Watch out!"

It was too late when both of them noticed what happened. Jungkook fell from the swing and landed on the concrete ground, scraping his knees quite badly. He cried as his knees started bleeding painfully. Seokjin immediately ran to Jungkook and kneeled on the floor. He blew on Jungkook's painful wound, hoping the cool air will help to replace some pain.

Jin: "Pain, pain, fly away!"

Seokjin used his hands to cup the wounds then raised it up into the air, pretending the pain really flew away. He kissed Jungkook's knees after that. Jungkook was too stupified by Seokjin's childish actions to remember the pain on his knees.

Jin: "Jin hyung will always protect you! I won't let you cry anymore!"
He promised the younger sincerely.

Jungkook nodded and hugged Seokjin.
Jungkook: "I want Jin hyung to protect me forever! I want to get married to Jin hyung in the future, just like Jimin hyung and Taehyung hyung promised to!"

Seokjin nodded and pinky promised Jungkook. Since they were just a child back then, he didn't think much of the promise. He just thought Jungkook was adorable, and he'd do anything to protect him forever. Little did he know that promise was what made Jungkook fell in love with him forever.

-

Hot tears slipped out of Seokjin's eyes without him even realizing, contrasting to the coldness of his cheeks. He had read through Jungkook's diary and nothing could deny the fact, that Jungkook's really in love with the older. Jungkook's also serious about wanting to get married with Seokjin in their future.

He felt thousand of daggers stabbing his heart as he thought about how painful Jungkook had felt, when he told him to stop their relationship before it starts. He couldn't erase the pained expression the younger had on his face— or the tears the younger had shed because of him.