Engagement Ring (65)

Jungkook nodded and held in his breath as he slowly opened the white bag. Inside was a small red box, with the same gold logo imprinted on it. He looked up at Seokjin and he gave him a reassuring nod for him to continue. Jungkook gulped and took out the red box, now sitting perfectly on his palm.

He opened the box with trembling hands, revealing a mesmerizing diamond ring inside. He stared at the ring in disbelief, then back at Seokjin.

Seokjin took the box away and brought a knee to the floor with his eyes never leaving Jungkook's. The younger flew his hand to cover his agape mouth.

Jungkook: "N-no way!..."

Seokjin chuckled and a red tint was caught appearing on his cheeks while he cleared his throat to speak clearly.

Jin: "Dear Jungkook, we've known each other since we were still a kid. We've been in many arguments ourselves, and we've gone through a lot of hardships through our relationship. Truthfully, I would've never thought or looked at you as a lover, but ever since we got together, nothing but happiness has been filling up my life. You made me so addicted to you- that every single day the first thing I think about once I wake up is to you, and only you. Although you are already named Kim Jungkook, I would still like to take this special opportunity to make you my Kim Jungkook. Would you please give me the utmost honour to hold you in my heart forever? Would you marry me?"
He looked at Jungkook with adoration and a hint of nervousness in his eyes.

Jungkook's eyes were already filling up with tears as some was slowly forming in Seokjin's too. It was so quiet, that their quickened heartbeats could be heard clearly echoing in the room.

Jin: "So... w-what do you say?..."
He choked out a nervous laugh, hoping he'll get a positive answer as a reply.

Jungkook: "I-... y-yes, o-of course!... Do you even have to ask this question?!"

Seokjin heaved a huge sigh of relief and pushed himself up, before smiling brightly and bringing him into a hug.

Jungkook clutched onto Seokjin's dress shirt and sobbed into his shoulder silently. He'd never expected the older to actually surprise him like this.

Seokjin happily rubbed circles on Jungkook's back to calm him down.

Jin: "Hey, stop crying. I still haven't placed the ring on your finger yet..."
He mumbled softly as he attempted to release Jungkook from the tight hug.

Jungkook starts to hiccup and he wiped his tears on Seokjin's shirt, before finally breaking from the hug. He covered his face in embarrassment as Seokjin carefully took the diamond ring out from the box, sliding it onto the younger's ring finger with a wide smile.

Jin: "Fits perfectly, so beautiful..."
He pecked the ring on Jungkook's finger and looked at the younger charmingly.

Jungkook: "H-how'd you k-know my size? You didn't sneak into my room and measure it while I'm asleep, right?"
He wiped away the river of tears that were still sliding down his cheeks now.

Seokjin chuckled at his words and wiped his tears with his thumb, before placing a hand on his cheek lovingly.

Jin: "Don't be stupid, I'm not a creep to do something like that. I know everything about my baby— we've grown up together so how could I possibly not? I know when he's angry, he'll pout and stomp his feet on the floor and not talk to me for hours. I know when he's happy, he'll jump on somebody and cling onto them while giving them the best hugs and kisses ever in the world. I know when he's sad, he'll keep it bottled inside him until he'd finally explode at that person, then proceed to cry alone like a big baby in his room. I know when he's feeling horny, he won't ever be shy or afraid to show it, and he always gets what he wants with that adorable pout he always does. And lastly, I know he's somebody so precious, that I will always want and need in my whole life. Since I've spent so many of my years studying and understanding this strange creature called Kim Jungkook, I won't take no for an answer now..."