Truth (51)

Jungkook: "Taehyung hyung!"
He shouted, the said turning around.

Taehyung: "Hey."
He smiled at Jungkook, but the younger could tell at a glance that he too, had been bawling his eyes out.

Jungkook: "I need to speak to you for a moment... do you have any time?..."

He looked at Taehyung's group of friends beside him and they nodded understandably before leaving. Jungkook led the older to a bench nearby and both of them sat down.

Taehyung: "So... what is it that you want to talk to me about today?..."

Jungkook: "I've heard about your argument with Jimin hyung earlier..."
Taehyung clenched his fists in silence and looked at his feet on the ground.

Taehyung: "Mhm..."
He nodded.

Jungkook: "I don't want to take any sides, and I believe there's more to the story than it seems... I think it's all of it is just a misunderstanding. I mean, how could Bogum hyung and you..."
Tears were already rolling from Taehyung's eyes and wetting his cheeks.

Taehyung: "It's not what it seems..."
He used his hands to cover his face as he cried into them, his voice broken.

Taehyung: "I didn't do any of the things Jimin accused me of doing!"
He cried even louder and students walking past threw glances at them.

Jungkook glared at them and brought Taehyung into a tight hug. The older broke down and cried into Jungkook's shoulder as he pats Taehyung's back gently in order to calm him down.

 The older broke down and cried into Jungkook's shoulder as he pats Taehyung's back gently in order to calm him down

After a few more minutes, Taehyung calmed down and Jungkook softly pushed the boy away from the hug.

Jungkook: "Can you tell me exactly what had happened?... Please, hyung."
He asked cautiously.

Taehyung hesitated for a few seconds before nodding his head in silence.
Taehyung: "Last Saturday, Bogum hyung invited me to try out a newly opened cafe near his house. He said the oreo cream bingsoo there was really famous, so I went with him."

Taehyung: "We shared the bowl of bingsoo since the portion was really huge, and we didn't want to waste money on getting two of the same."
Jungkook nodded as he listened.

Taehyung: "Bogum hyung had to lean into me to whisper since the cafe was bustling with customers, and we couldn't hear each other that well with all the noises around us. I'm pretty sure that was when Jimin's senior secretly took photos of us."
Jungkook clenched his fists in anger when Taehyung started to cry again.

Taehyung: "S-she took it from an angle that made it looked like Bogum hyung and I were kissing, but we weren't!... H-he have a girlfriend, and I have Jimin! We are just friends, but Jimin doesn't believe my words at all."
He wiped his tears away, but more came cascading down his cheeks.

Taehyung: "On Sunday, Jimin stormed into my house all of a sudden and s-showed me all of the photos of us..."
Jungkook patted Taehyung's back in hopes to comfort his crying friend.