Make A Wish (34)

Both of them cleared their plates without leaving even a drop of sauce on it, and Jungkook was thoroughly stuffed. He let out a soft burp before rubbing his stomach contentedly.

He looked at Seokjin with a huge smile on his face and thanked him for the delicious dinner. Seokjin smiled fondly in reply, before tipping the glass in his hand and drinking the rest of his wine. He placed the glass down and gently dabbed his lips with a napkin provided elegantly to finish off.

Jin: "The night's not over yet."
He flashed a mysterious grin and Jungkook stared at him in confusion.

Jungkook: "What do you mean-"
He was interrupted by Seokjin's claps.

The lights in the restaurant suddenly blacked out and Jungkook looked around in surprise— along with other customers who gasped and darted their eyes around in the dark room.

Jungkook could hear Seokjin getting out from his seat and walking away, but he couldn't see anything at all.

Jungkook: "Hyung? Where are you?"
He shouted softly but got no response.

...: "Ah ah, testing. Everyone, please do not be alarmed and stay seated in your seats to avoid any injuries. I'm Jackson, the waiter for today. One of our valuable consumers would like to dedicate this special moment to his beloved sweetheart. Please don't be alarmed, I repeat. All of your time and attention is greatly appreciated."

Murmurs could be heard from every corner of the restaurant and Jungkook turned his head around the dark curiously. Silence filled up the room not long after, and everyone perked their ears up when a familiar song started playing in the background.

...: "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Kookie, happy birthday to you~"

A firm yet soothing voice was heard from the radio in the restaurant, and Jungkook widened his eyes in utter surprise. It's the voice he had always known so well since young— it's Seokjin.

Jin: "Kim Jungkook, happy 18th birthday! You're finally an adult now, yay! I'm really glad to be able to spend this whole day with you, although I spend every other day with you too..."

The diners laughed in response to his words and Jungkook nibbled on his lips as he looked down at his table, trying to contain his embarrassment.

Jin: "I hope you like what I've planned for you today and don't ever forget that I'll always love you no matter how evil or naughty you are! We have gone through a lot together in our lives, but I still hope to be there for you no matter how many zzzzZZZZ-"

A loud screech was heard through the radio and everyone flinched in surprise, covering their ears painfully. Seokjin had no choice but to switch off the microphone. Although it did not end perfectly, Jungkook was still touched by Seokjin's effort. His teary brown eyes darted to a corner of the completely dark room, where candles were being carried closer to him.

The lights had turned on again and Seokjin was now standing right in front of Jungkook, holding a small piece of chocolate lava cake in his hands. The fire from the candles danced gracefully in the air while they stared at each other lovingly.

Jungkook's tears gushed down his eyes and cheeks as he hopped out of his seat to hug Seokjin tightly, almost knocking the cake out from his hands.

Jin: "Woah! Careful there darling, this small piece of cake is not cheap at all."
He chuckled as he rubbed circles on Jungkook's back to calm him down.

How could Jungkook even forget about this? Today is his 18th birthday! Seokjin had been busy on his phone since this morning just to prepare a surprise for him, yet he thought that he was gradually getting tired of him. Jackson, whom he had glared daggers at, was just Seokjin's partner in crime.