V02 - Chapter 23 RM

***

--- Italica, Count Palace ---

May 10th, 2025

Princess Pina stands there in pure shock, while staring at her two Rose-Order leaders, Beefeater E Caty and Bozes Co Palesti. They have been her most loyal comrades for years, even being some of her closest friends. But right now, her mind is scrambling to figure out what she is witnessing. This war was supposed to bring glory not only for herself but for her knights too, for showing that they belong in the realm of Men.

Now, everything seemed to be falling apart. Italica was attacked and almost destroyed. Then, she discovered that the enemy is far more powerful than the Empire and would face certain death if they fought. She thought she was able to secure some form of peace, hoping to take credit for bringing the war to a quick end.

Seeing Major Sharpe on his knees there, she is ready to pass out from the sight. Her mind could not take the sight. After his people saved the city and became heroes of the city, they gave favorable treaty terms, saved her from slavery and they asked for nothing in return. And this is how the Empire returned their kindness.

"It hasn't even been a day...," She mumbles in disbelief. She can see them both looking confused, realizing they did something wrong but still cannot figure out what it was.

Both gets on one knee.

"Your highness, what is the matter? Are you not pleased with our gift?" Beefeater asked in a confused manner, trying to impress the princess.

"Yes, we ran into those warriors from Alnus, three leagues outside the city. Their forces scattered without a fight." Bozes said in a not so confident tone this time. Trying to show off her achievement however still trying to figure out what she did wrong.

Pina places her hand on her head, trying to deal with the growing headache. All she could think about is the capital city of Sadera in flames as those flying metal beasts laid waste to everything. Bozes and Beefeater, and the rest of her Knights will be the reason Sadera burns, because of their incompetence.

That is when Major Sharpe spoke up. "Ahh yeah, can I jump in?" He said weakly, coughing.

"Jump in? You are bound. You can't move, how can you jump?" Bozes said towards him, shooting him an evil glare.

Sharpe just ignores her Bozes and just keeps looking at her.

She can see no fear in his eyes. She cannot tell if he knows his people will come for him or knows she will not do anything to him. The fact that he is not scared scares her more. She can tell that he is trying hard just to stay sitting up. "Yes, Major Sharpe."

All the Rose Knights in the chamber raise their eyebrow, shocked and confused that she knew his name.

"One... no two things," Sharpe mumbles with a cocky smirk. "One, don't worry about anything. Just a misunderstanding... Nothing as bad as the Cartels and North Koreans would do... Or the Legion of Doom(1)! Especially those blisters! Blosters... I... I don't know?" He said, slurring his words a little. "Seec..n... TWO... bed please?" He will finish, a little breathless.

"Hamilton!" Pina yells. She would not have to say anything else. Hamilton would just rush to him and hold him up, removing the bounds.

"Can I get some help?" Hamilton asked.

That is when Myui orders Mamina and Persia rushes over.

She sees her Knights look at each other with confusion. They do not understand why Hamilton and the maids are helping the enemy.