V09 - Chapter 103

"Today we are here to report that the newly reactivated 2nd Armored Division. It was disactivated in 1995 after the Cold War. Its last combat debut was during the Persian Gulf War in 1991. It was credited in one of the most famous tank battles in the modern era, Battle of 73 Easting.

The 2nd Division will be deployed to Elies to relieve the 10th Mountain Division in occupation operations." – SCNR News

*** 

--- White House, Washington D.C., US, Earth ---

December 8th, 2025

"What do you mean you investigate found nothing?" Asks President Emily Pots.

She is sitting at her desk in the Oval Office on the phone with Brent Quintin, director of the CIA.

"I am sorry madam President; we do not know who leaked the meeting date," Quintin

"There are only a few people who knew. This is a massive security break, Brent," She signs as she listens to all of his excuses on how they failed to find the leaker.

A few months ago, she hosted a secret meeting with some of our main allies from the Special Region(1). The represents were from Vanguard-7 unit, led by Major Sharpe.

Rory the Demi-goddess, an enormously powerful ally who has helped us get out of much trouble and has brought much creditability to our side. Lelei the magic-user who has helped us understand their world better, so we are not just blindly walking over landmines. Because of her, they know were over those landmines.

She wanted a secret visit before being more public about US allies from that world. There is no rule book or guidelines for first contact. Most people always thought Humanity would meet aliens but that be three hundred years or so. No one thought it would be in their lifetime.

Because of that, she wanted to personally get to know before going public. The country and the world cannot afford any more major surprises right now. There is this silent fear in the back of the people's minds, just like what happened during 9/11.

Then no one knew what was happening, who the bad guys were and why it was happening. That was the biggest reason Americans were in a state of shock for a few years while in World War II, they knew who to focus that anger.

The only reason the nations of Earth didn't descent into World War III was because of the American military global presence and how decisive their victories have been. This has brought some sense of stability as the public consensus catches up on what is happening. While scared and confused, it is calming that the greatest military machine beating the aliens on the field.

There is a lot of goodwill and understanding around the world. Even the Chinese Empire has been quieter since its failed raid on the resort. She believes everyone is just waiting for what happens next.

Hearing more excuses from the director, she finally interrupts him. "Brent, figure it out. Otherwise, why do we even have a CIA? My god Brent, do your damn job and figure this out!"

She hangs up on him and takes a breath.

"Sounds like a fun conversation Madam President." Secretary of State Bobby Gates

She looks up at him. "Spooks," She said. "A lot of talks. Especially the CIA."

"Would you like a minute Emily," Gates replies.

She leans back in her chair. "No. You can continue your NATO report."

Balancing international relations right now has been complicated. Half of the State Department has been going back and watching and reading old science fiction shows and books on how to communicate what we are witnessing at the Special Region.