V09 - Chapter 111 Battle of Legrath

*** 

--- Fort Alnus, Ranger Command Post ---

December 13th, 2025

First Lieutenant Sarah Rose is standing there looking at the main screen. The view is from Major Sharpe camera, looking directly at Taylin.

During the Raid on Sadera(1), the military hadn't yet set up the NETT Network, so she wasn't able to watch that raid live. But she and everyone else here heard everything.

This place is the place where the Ranger Logistical Officers can communicate with their teams and direct resources and new information. A Special Force unit is only effective if the information they have is up to date. The worst part is standing there watching your team right and there isn't anything you can do. As the old GI Joe shows that Sharpe watches says, knowing is half the battle.

Everyone here has the same fear, watching your unit get slaughtered because there is nothing you can do about it. That is why she works so hard to make sure her team has everything they need before going into battle.

She leans forward in her chair and holds her headset tight. "Major, you're kidding right?"

There is a short delay in his response. "Don't second guess."

"You can't..." She stops herself from speaking. The last thing he needs right now is her telling him that there is no hope or criticizing his decision. She might not agree, he always has a reason why he is doing it. "You said you had a plan?"

"Be my second pair of eyes. Stay focus on him and what can beat him." Sharpe says over the radio.

"Roger," She said. She knows she has no choice but to trust him.

She begins looking at a list of the gear he has and looks for anything that might help the situation. While he has all different kinds of grenades, a magazine of explosive .45 rounds and more gear. Nothing that jumps out at her.

"Only Rory can challenge him.... Wait." She mumbles and realizes what Sharpe was really saying. He cannot just say Rory's name because that would tip off Taylin.

"Standby," She says and mutes herself. She looks over to the desk behind her and sees her friend Lieutenant April Elliott. She is like her, Vanguard-5 Logistical Officer. She remembers Lelei giving her a report of the current situation and what Rory might be doing. "April, is Rory with your team?"

"Hold on Sarah, confirming," April said. "Confirmed. Captain Bailey said she arrived about three minutes ago."

She takes a breath of relief. "Ok, passing on coordinates. Tell her Major Sharpe needs her. I am passing a High Alert Note that Taylin has been spotted. I am requesting back up on that position."

Getting a confirmation on her HAN, she looks back at her screen and looks through Sharpe helmet camera.

She takes a deep breath and watches how things might unfold.

--- Fortress Legrath, Southern Wall ---

Princess Pina blocks this sword from one of Herm Royal Guards. She finds it strange, not the long ago these Royal Guards once had the duty to protect her. Now they are trying to kill her.

"Ahh!" She screams as she pushes forward against her opponent.

Her sword slides down and she brings her sword back and then rams her sword into his neck.

The Royal Guard falls as she pulls her sword out, falling dead.

She catches a breath and looks forward. The next two guards rush towards her but both of their heads explode from one of the Americans bullets.