V13 - Chapter 165 Fan Stories I

This is the result of the recent Fan storycontest. 

--- Elies Region ---

March 24th, 2026

Of music and war

Like smoke follows after fire, war and music are one and the same. The marching feet are the beating of drums, the clashing of steel is the strumming of the lyre, it is well known that great music comes from war.

While the human musicians of the Empire may try to find music in any aspect of life the composers of Lunaryur know the truth, only the best music is found in battle.

'A an dú min Oibel' by the wood elf Lierin Magrie, depicting the siege of Oibel in which one hundred elvish soldiers held off against an Orcish brigade for an entire week.

Or 'The dance of the red-stained desert' by the siren Adorise which interprets the year of Khan from the Ticaret conglomerate. It is a piece that many consider to be among the best music pieces ever produced, though I am more partial to the works of Magrie.

Opinions aside, it is known to the composers of Lunaryur that war breeds good music. This is why I, Vamir Krisnelis, worshiper and composer of Lunaryur, find myself in the lands of the Empire or to be more correct in the lands of the Other Worlders.

Amid this unusual conflict, I intend to produce the next masterpiece and have my music composed in the grand halls of The Eklivana.

"You there".

Vamirs inner monologue was cut off by shouting from in front of him, as he turned his focus back he saw a small squadron of imperial soldiers 'great just what I needed' he thought to himself.

"What business do you have so far into these lands, all citizens are to be stopped at the outpost" the squadron captain spoke.

'Ah yes the outpost, getting past them was easy with a little magic' Vamir thought to himself. "Well if you must know", he said pulling out the mark of Lunaryur, "I am a composer of Lunaryur on pilgrimage and on the grace of the high priestess Ithronel Admys I ask that you grant me passage".

Vamir had said this line countless times, mostly to humans who didn't understand the meaning of this mark, throwing around a righteous aura and a few fancy words usually got him passage wherever he needed.

Today however was not one of those days "ehhh I know you guys" a man behind the captain said. "You're the guy with the fancy instruments who travel around the empire looking for music".

'Ah, an educated man' with a pleased voice Vamir spoke: "why yes I am a-"

He was cut off by the man but with a much more nastier voice "And I also know you betrayed us at Blire"

Now it was time for another to speak up "yeah one of you 'pilgrims' decided to up and tell those traitors how we planned to attack"

'Oh bother' Vamir thought as the man kept rambling about the Blire incident, 'while it did happen he seems entirely uninformed that the church already paid compensation'.

By now a few of the soldiers had made their way to Vamir's sides, and as the tension kept rising a soldier on his right decided to rush at him. While Vamir was no soldier he was an elf and he did know magic and chanting in elvish he shot a spear of fire at the man. "Ech -o naur"

The spear hit him right in the chest sending him to the ground. His victory was short-lived as a gauntleted fist came colliding with his face and he too was sent to the ground and he stayed there as a captains boot was pressed against his back.