V10 - Chapter 120

*** 

--- Fortress Legrath, Elies Region ---

December 21st, 2025

Major General Charles Stanford is walking through the halls of the fortress. He has spent the last three days taking a tour of their prize. So far, he and his staff have been impressed with the place. A place only in legend.

His guide of the place has been Beluutie, the Guardian of Legrath. He has been impressed by her knowledge of this place. Far more history than he expected.

"This section leads to the third grand hall. The dwarves built this part three hundred years ago to help expand the garrison during the Second Orc Expansionist War," Beluutie explains.

"We are pretty deep in the hill. I am impressed we can breathe normally without ventilation," Colonel Bob Brits said.

He glances at the Colonel. Brits is the Colonel of the Army Engineers unit that is assigned to this fortress. Their job is to learn the secrets of this fortress and reconstructed it as a NATO base for future operations. What he said did raise an eyebrow, he didn't even think about that.

"That is because of these lining the walls," Beluutie said with a big smile. She points the corner between the wall and ceiling.

"What is it?" Brits asked as he looks up. "It looks like mold to me."

"Mold? No silly," Beluutie said. "It is a special plant by the elves and that was enchanted by the dwarves. I do not know how the enchantment works but once your planet is, it provides air for the troops. How do you think dwarves are able to breathe so deep in their mountains?"

"What are you talking about?" A Captain asks. "That part is digging deep in the Earth. That even possible with this tech?"

"We are not on Earth Captain," Brits corrects. "It is digging deeper than on Falmart."

"True," The Captain responds. "But the name Falmart just the continent, right? So, what do we call it then?"

He looks back at them. "Knock it off and back to work. We will name everything later."

He then looks up and sees this thin green grass-like line. He saw it before and assumed it was just decoration of some kind. Assuming what she said is true and he has no reason to doubt, this enchantment magic could change how we mine materials.

He then looks to the pink Siren. She is looking at him and his staff with this baffled look.

"I thought that one man was the only wired one," Beluutie says. "Your kind is definitely strange. Like younglings who are spending coin at then candy store."

"They're just excited, Guardian. They will get over with," He said.

"It is ok," Beluutie said. "it's kind of cute. It shows that you are not just these death machines slaying armies. Just don't call me Pinkie(1)."

He never heard someone describe the military as cute before, sounds strange but funny. And that nickname, he knows the background of how that happened. "I must apologize for that. I know who you are speaking of. Fine soldier but he can get a bit cocky. I will address it."

She thinks about that and waves her hand. "It is ok. It was a tense moment and I rather stay on good terms with your people."

He found that as a strange thing to say. She told him that she switched sides because General Herm and his people dishonored the troops stationed here. That he disrespected the honor or Muilk and this grand fortress and the people who defended it, both Imperial and banished.