V06 - Chapter 61 Invasion RM

Sharpe is moving along this building side. It is the middle of the night, inside a small town in the Special Region. Above he hears this dragon roars as it flies byes.

In front of him, he sees an Imperialist soldier standing there, on guard. He has not seen Sharpe yet, looking away as he is smoking some kind of drug.

Sharpe slowly moves up, swapping out his rifle for his knife. He slowly gets close and then stealth kills the guard, slashing his throat. He places his hand over the guard mouth to keep him quiet until he dies.

Checking to see if the close is clear, he moves the body and hides him.

Once the area is clear, Sharpe moves to the target buildings. He hears a few people inside the room, where his target is. He reaches down his shirt and pulls out this small golden cross and kiss it. He then puts it back in his shirt.

He pulls out a flash grenade and tosses it through the window. A small explosion can be heard as the flash grenade blinds everything; he hears people freaking out inside.

Sharpe burst through the door and quickly pulls out his SIG P320 that has a silencer on the barrel. He rushes to his first nearby target and rams his knife into the man's throat. He then fires his pistol, killing the man next to him. He then backs away, pulling his knife out of the man's throat and aims his pistol, killing a third man that is by this fireplace.

The other two Imperialist recover from the blindness and pull out their swords. They charge right at him, yelling.

The first soldier that gets close to him and swings his sword. Sharpe shots that man in the leg, making him fall to his side. The wounded soldier blocks the other soldier, stopping so he does not trip over his comrade.

Sharpe then aims his SIG at the stairs as another soldier rushes down. He dies from a headshot instantly. He then aims at the other standing soldier and shots him in the head.

That soldier falls on his back, leaving only the wounded soldier. He is trying to craw away, reaching for a sword.

Sharpe sees this and walks over to him. He takes his knife and stabs the man in the throat, killing him.

He pulls out the knife and stands up. Making sure that the room is clear, he walks towards a door. The package he is looking for should be in this room.

Sharpe opens the door and does his surprise it is a young Mexican woman, around sixteen years of age. She is not supposed to be here, confusing him.

"Jackson..." The girl says quietly.

Sharpe tilts his head, completely confused. He then recognizes the girl. "Lizzie?"

The girl looks up at her. "Why didn't you save us, you promised my family to help."

Sharpe closes his eyes, not believing what he is seeing. When he opens his eyes, he sees Lizzie there but engulfed in flames now. She is being burnt to death as she screams from the pain, screaming out his name. All her physical features disappear as her body turns into a dark charcoal color.

Sharpe takes a step back to get away from what he is seeing. He trips over one of the bodies he killed, falling on his rear.

He looks down and sees Alicia face with a bullet in her head. He then looks around at the other bodies, all-seeing the faces of his Ranger team.

"Fuck!" Sharpe yells, panicking. "No, no, no."

Sharpe then gets up and rushes back to the girl in that door. He sees the body of Lizzie, still intact however covered in this black ash.

He takes her in his arms and wipes the ash from her face, praying to God that she is still alive. This time though he sees this younger girl with these beautiful blue eyes and dark brown hair.