V10 - Chapter 123 Quake

*** 

--- Sadera, Oprichnina Dungeon ---

December 29th, 2025

Deep in the Oprichnina Dungeon of Sadera, Molt Sol Augustus sits in his cell. The only source of light is the torches that are on the walls outside his cell.

He knows this place well, being built and expanded over the centuries. This place is the open secret of Sadera, where everyone hears it. No one in its history has anyone escaped from. That is because only the Oprichnina knows how to get in and out. Once you come in here, you do not come out, so the legends say.

He reaches down into the bowl, grabbing the piece of undercooked meat. Even though he was the Emperor of the Empire, running it for thirty-five years, he only gets one meal a day.

Right then he hears another scream as someone is getting tortured in another chamber. He tells himself that this one bowl must be the royal treatment here.

He has sent hundreds if not thousands of people here, all he considered an enemy of the State or more importantly, his throne. He never once thought he would end up down here.

As he eats what little he has, he looks up to the ceiling. The ceiling here is small, where you only can sit down in. No one besides a dwarf can stand in them. It is a design to make the prisoner feel small and unable to probably to walk if they are allowed out.

While he does not want to, he is remembering everyone he has sent down here to their deaths. While he has no regrets for the people, he has sent down here, he wonders what has happened to them.

He then looks at his bloody hands and looks at where his figure nails were. The head of the Oprichnina, Lord Svenhard Lupus Moon, takes too much pride in his work. Svenhard is deeply religious which normally wouldn't be a problem except for the fact he worships Siflis, the goddess of evil.

He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. He never could have believed that his stupid son Zorzal would have the nuts to overthrow him. He always has known that Zorzal has wanted the throne, but he is also a coward, so he believed.

Zorzal has made many friends within the government, like Svenhard, Senator Adaulis, Godasen and many more. He always had a knack in swaying people to become his friend, finding the deepest and worse desires of man and bribing them with exotic gifts.

But that does not mean they are loyal; it just means they enjoy his gifts. And they would not dare help him over throne the current Emperor unless it was a sure thing. Spending weeks of thinking about how his son was able to pull off a bloodless coup, the only thing he can think of is that he had outside help.

He knows the Other Worlders would never put him in power, if they had the desire to replace the throne, they could have done it already. He has a feeling that other forces are at play that he does not know about yet. It cannot be the Other Worlders, while they are strong, they are simple to.

"Wow, and I thought this was going to be pointless," A female voice says. "But I actually am enjoying this sight."

Hearing a voice shocks him, especially a female voice. He rarely hears people having a casual conversation down here. The only time is when he hears people yelling a screaming, begging for mercy.

He looks out of his cell and sees this female Draconian standing there. This one has blue scales and skin and with tan symbols around her, not the black, red, or purple ones.

She leans forward to the cell door and looks at him carefully. "How they might have fallen. You were once the most powerful man in Falmart and now you are barely clothed in your own dungeon." She says with a chuckle.