V11 - Chapter 126 A Day at the Farm

*** 

--- Lopez Farmhouse, Mexico ---

September 16, 2024

"I can't believe the intel was bad," Nicholas said. "I think Tom is getting too old for this."

"It is not like Tom to be wrong," Cortez replies. "He is usually on top of things. Command must have screwed something up."

"Maybe he just wanted time alone with your wife Jackson," Jessy said in a cocky voice.

They all chuckle quickly from that.

He looks at them all and snaps his figure. They are talking about the Lopez family daughter. She has taken an interest in him. As the saying goes, the ladies love a man in a uniform. "She is fifteen you prick. Keep your fantasies to yourself." He says with a chuckle. He is used to Jessy's extreme comments.

"Sensitive," Jessy comments. "Fine then, should we talk about..."

"We are not talking about that," Nicholas interrupts. "What happened in that country stays in that country. We agreed."

Sharpe could not help himself but chuckle from that, thinking back on the memories. He has been learning this unit for nearly seven years now. Delta Operatives have come and go, some in battle, others moving along in life in retirement or a desk job.

He cannot imagine ever leaving this line of work. Taking a desk or staying Stateside just seems like a waste of energy when he knows he can do some good. After what happened in North Korea, Thailand and facing down the Chines Special Forces or what he calls, the Baby Dragons all over Southeast Asia.

Up ahead is the farmhouse they were staying at for the past weeks. "I wonder what meal they are planning tonight."

"They are just preparing the hookers," Jessy said in a smartass tone. "Major, remember that lovely girl in Marawi?"

"Jessy..." He responds.

"What?" Jessy asks. "When you recruited me, you accepted everything that came with me. All the good and all the sexy."

"I knew I should have defected when I had the chance," Cortez said laughing.

He looks at him with an evil smirk. "For one, you keep changing the city in that story. Two, I don't remember anything. I pretty convinced you spiked my drink. I am starting to think that was a set up from the start."

"And yet we had to bust you out of jail," Cortez comments with a smirk.

"First thing, you didn't. That was Kevin you are talking about. And..." He and then stops.

All for Delta soldiers stops and aim their weapons in all directions. All the bantering stops, and they all are in full combat mode.

"You feel it too?" Nicholas asks softly.

"Yeah," Jessy replies. "None of this feels right."

He takes a glance around. His HUD says it is 1354 military time. The farmhouse is up ahead in sight, but something seems off. The place does not look alive.

They have been in the country for six months, four months overdue. Their mission is to kill or capture the self-proclaim King of the Cartels, Armando Carvallo. Three other Special Forces units went after him and all failed.

This time they are trying something different. No one knows what he even looks like so besides trying to find him, his plan must squeeze him and force him to come to them. Wanting to keep as little of a presence he can, his Delta team goes out, find a target and usually calls in Captain Bailey Army Rangers unit or the Mexican Special Forces the Fuerzas Especiales del Alto Mando and they do the job.